Turkey Earthquake, February 2023

Doohickie

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I worry about the world's ability to put aside divisions to help the victims.

Don't see why.  Can't come up w/ a single major disaster ottomh in the last 60 years that the world didn't unite to offer assistance.  The afflicted country might turn down the offer, but it always gets made.

• Like (+1) 1

I think--and hope and pray--that Taro is right.  There are times to put aside geopolitical differences and this is one of them.  I don't care for Erdogan, and I haven't cared for any Syrian leader in my lifetime, but this is about the normal people like you and me, and not the folks at the top.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think--and hope and pray--that Taro is right.  There are times to put aside geopolitical differences and this is one of them.  I don't care for Erdogan, and I haven't cared for any Syrian leader in my lifetime, but this is about the normal people like you and me, and not the folks at the top.

Assad is not going to to much, most of the area hit in his country is under Rebel/Turkey control.   He probably couldn't be more happier about this.

Along with some really cold and bad weather expected in that region upcoming week I think a 20.000 casualty estimation might be low in the long run even.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.