Matej Pekar assigned to ECHL

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

They did and murray still drafted him like a moron 

Sometimes people make decisions that turn out wrong yet you can understand why they made them. In this case it was simply a bad decision for a player that wasn't worth the bother, especially when there were comparable options. Dumb is dumb and stupid is stupid. It made no bloody sense. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sometimes people make decisions that turn out wrong yet you can understand why they made them. In this case it was simply a bad decision for a player that wasn't worth the bother, especially when there were comparable options. Dumb is dumb and stupid is stupid. It made no bloody sense. 

Yeah, it’s not like you’re drafting Lindros regardless of him reporting.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He acted like an ***** in prospects camp that year too I think. 

He was super aggressively going after Eichel and Reinhart. Dick. 

Haven't seen a prospect camp like that before or since. 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Hey after seeing tage go to a complete bust to a superstar i have hope he will still make it 

Tage was never a bust. There was a longer development period for him due to his tall and lean build. He needed to physically mature and get stronger in order to handle the physical rigors of the league. 

57 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Tage was never a bust. There was a longer development period for him due to his tall and lean build. He needed to physically mature and get stronger in order to handle the physical rigors of the league. 

He had a 1% of being a nhler .

I dobt care who you're  there's 0% chance you thought he be the player he is today 

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

Tage came 1 more season of Krueger away from probably being a bust or a JAG. Glad that's not the case, as long as we don't expect every 24yr old to suddenly "mature physically" we will be fine. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Tage came 1 more season of Krueger away from probably being a bust or a JAG. Glad that's not the case, as long as we don't expect every 24yr old to suddenly "mature physically" we will be fine. 

Every player coached by Krueger became a diminished player, including Dahlin who was in the all-star game the past couple of years. Ask Skinner what Krueger almost did to his career. 

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He had a 1% of being a nhler .

I dobt care who you're  there's 0% chance you thought he be the player he is today 

Where did you come up with the 1% chance of Tage being a NHL player? He was a first round draft pick, the 26th player taken in the draft and was one of the key pieces that the Sabres's sought in the ROR deal. 

Of course, I didn't know that he would become the caliber of player that he now is. No one did! But I absolutely knew that he was going to be a NHL player. 

52 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Where did you come up with the 1% chance of Tage being a NHL player? He was a first round draft pick, the 26th player taken in the draft and was one of the key pieces that the Sabres's sought in the ROR deal. 

Of course, I didn't know that he would become the caliber of player that he now is. No one did! But I absolutely knew that he was going to be a NHL player. 

That doesn't mean anything to me before his breakout he was really really bad basically everyone  Labeled him at best 4th - 3rd line player.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

That doesn't mean anything to me before his breakout he was really really bad basically everyone  Labeled him at best 4th - 3rd line player.

It's not surprising that anything that goes against your narrative means little to you. If you can recall, you made a statement that there was a 1% chance that he would be a NHLer. He was a first round pick whose chances of making it into the league were much higher than what you claimed. 

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's not surprising that anything that goes against your narrative means little to you. If you can recall, you made a statement that there was a 1% chance that he would be a NHLer. He was a first round pick whose chances of making it into the league were much higher than what you claimed. 

Meaning the first grade means nothing when he had charts come out say he had 1% of being a good player .

Probably many like myself thought he just max out like Zemgus Girgensons or lower 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Every player coached by Krueger became a diminished player, including Dahlin who was in the all-star game the past couple of years. Ask Skinner what Krueger almost did to his career. 

There is one exception to this. 

Eichel had His Highest PPG Total Season under Krueger and had 4 less points than His Career High in nine less games do to the Covid shortened season.  Had the season not been stopped and a barring an injury to Jack, He was on pace for 93 points easily his career high. 

Krueger was an absolute ***** disaster for this organization, given that Eichel was a vocal supporter as His to the end, tells a lot about the player 

19 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Hey after seeing tage go to a complete bust to a superstar i have hope he will still make it 

Tage was never a bust, let alone a complete bust.   He is not yet a superstar either.  I look for more longevity before I toss around that label.   

2017-18  -  First round pick and 26th overall, for St Louis.  One of the top prospects for St Louis, played 30 AHL and 41 NHL games.  

2018-19  - Packaged in ROR trade to Buffalo.  Started the season playing in Buffalo and played  65 games at wing, played 8 more in AHL.   This strategy was completely backwards from what it should have been given the Sabres team at the time.  Like a few others on this team, he was completely thrown to the wolves by an inept FO and coaching staff.  

2019-20  - Hew looked very much improved and much stronger in preseason after a great off-season of hard work.  Got injured in his first game and was out the rest of the season.  Played 16 AHL games.  Lost an entire year.  

2020-21 - Covid year, he got Krugererd for awhile.  It looked bad for him again and then all of a sudden he showed real signs of life under interim coach DG.   

2021-22 - Move to center full time, breakout year under DG.   38 goals (turned 24 during the season) 

2022 -2023   Currently top 3 in goals, top 5 in points and selected to All Star team.  Now you can like him. 

He had a challenging start, he really needed more time in the minors, and he had one serious injury.   Once he hit 22, people in the know could see the player coming out.  DG was the right guy to switch him to center giving him the room to use his skills.  

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tage was never a bust, let alone a complete bust.   He is not yet a superstar either.  I look for more longevity before I toss around that label.   

2017-18  -  First round pick and 26th overall, for St Louis.  One of the top prospects for St Louis, played 30 AHL and 41 NHL games.  

2018-19  - Packaged in ROR trade to Buffalo.  Started the season playing in Buffalo and played  65 games at wing, played 8 more in AHL.   This strategy was completely backwards from what it should have been given the Sabres team at the time.  Like a few others on this team, he was completely thrown to the wolves by an inept FO and coaching staff.  

2019-20  - Hew looked very much improved and much stronger in preseason after a great off-season of hard work.  Got injured in his first game and was out the rest of the season.  Played 16 AHL games.  Lost an entire year.  

2020-21 - Covid year, he got Krugererd for awhile.  It looked bad for him again and then all of a sudden he showed real signs of life under interim coach DG.   

2021-22 - Move to center full time, breakout year under DG.   38 goals (turned 24 during the season) 

2022 -2023   Currently top 3 in goals, top 5 in points and selected to All Star team.  Now you can like him. 

He had a challenging start, he really needed more time in the minors, and he had one serious injury.   Once he hit 22, people in the know could see the player coming out.  DG was the right guy to switch him to center giving him the room to use his skills.  

I'll  disagree once you go back to back Impresive season epically with him likely finishing over 100 points that makes you a star .

This was his chart..

E6oMRRXXEAAg1eo?format=png&name=900x900

that right there is 100% borderline bust 

Edited by Buffalonill

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I'll  disagree once you go back to back Impresive season epically with him likely finishing over 100 points that makes you a star .

This was his chart..

E6oMRRXXEAAg1eo?format=png&name=900x900

that right there is 100% borderline bust 

Sure, he is a star.   You said superstar and for me that title is reserved or the likes of McDavid, OV, Crosby, etc.   He can get there.  

That 100% borderline bust data tells me nothing without the backstory.  I look at what was asked of him after he was acquired and how he was developed.  He needed time in the AHL and instead they played him in the NHL, then when they finally sent him down and it helped him.   Then the injury in 19, then  Covid the next year.  Stats don't tell me enough without the back story.  The benefit of hindsight tells us the Sabres were more responsible for his early problems than he was.  

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

There is one exception to this. 

Eichel had His Highest PPG Total Season under Krueger and had 4 less points than His Career High in nine less games do to the Covid shortened season.  Had the season not been stopped and a barring an injury to Jack, He was on pace for 93 points easily his career high. 

Krueger was an absolute ***** disaster for this organization, given that Eichel was a vocal supporter as His to the end, tells a lot about the player 

I'm confident in saying that although Jack had better numbers with Krueger that he would have had even better numbers under Granato. Granato's more offensive scheme would have resulted in Jack not only getting better stats under him but also under his tutelage he would have been a better developed player. If you consider how many current players now thrive under DG compared when they played for the prior coach that supposition would have likely turn out to be true.

I understand that both of us are in general accord on this topic with a slight variation. As you stated with no equivocation: Krueger was an absolute f***** disaster for this organization. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, Eleven said:

Also how is it that Cincinnati has only an ECHL team?  

The Cyclones used to be part of the old IHL, which was comparable to the AHL at one time.

"...the Cincinnati Cyclones was readmitted to the East Coast Hockey League, which hosted the team from 1990 to 1992 before it moved to the IHL."

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.