Rasmus Dahlin’s Open Letter to Buffalo

Brawndo

He's my favorite Sabre since Miller left.  I loved Reinhart for a long time, but, Rasmus is the embodiment of what we want in Buffalo.  This is the superstar player we deserve.  He's a blue liner, you build from the back.  This just furthers my desire to get him signed ASAP long term.  

• Agree 1

On 1/31/2023 at 2:27 PM, PerreaultForever said:

It doesn't matter, but I don't think he actually wrote that. The english is too fluid and smooth but again, it doesn't matter. It's a nice letter.

I wonder if this is a prelude to him being signed to a long term extension and then being named captain next season. 

He could have easily made the overall comments and someone wrote it for with him. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Sabres defensemen who made the All-Star team:

• Alexei Zhitnik
  • Mike Ramsey
  • Jim Schoenfeld
  • Jerry Korab
  • Phil Housley
  • Brian Campbell
  • Rasmus Dahlin (2022)

In 2011 there were no Sabres on either team.

Zemgus Girgensons was an All-Star in 2015, Okposo (w/ Buffalo) in 2017.

My message to Rasmus?  Do better.

Do better?  So having already surpassed his career high in points, in top 3 in points for defensemen, doesn't mean he's not doing better.  Versus a rigged popularity contest?  

On 1/31/2023 at 2:05 PM, Nitro60 said:

It's like we are 19,090 strong - 20 of us in uniform, the rest of us in the stands. Together we are going to break the other team mentally. That's what it feels like.

Dahlin explained the magic a roaring full house in Key Bank Center means to our team. Just doesn’t happen often enough despite their exciting play.

Harrington’s article today on our spotty attendance and how the poor conditions of KBC affect attendance was well-timed.

I’m in Florida and have no firsthand experience at KBC. Harrington describes a third-rate venue experience. Guessing it didn’t get this bad overnight.

Is this a Pegula Sports & Entertainment responsibility, a City and County responsibility, or a combination of both?

10 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I answered the call.

Went to the game last night.

That game didn't break the opponent, it broke my mental state.

They played the team that they match up w/ the most poorly against w/ 2 key pieces noticeably nicked up.  They were the recipients of another "opportunity for a learning experience."

Don't see why that would've broke you.

Of course, am still awake working off 2 hours sleep for having gone to that game as well.

They had good moments, but when the Canes were going balls out showed the Sabres they still have a ways to go.  But when one compares it to where they were last year or even early this year, they've come a lot further than what they still need to move forward.  MHO.  YMMV.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

They played the team that they match up w/ the most poorly against w/ 2 key pieces noticeably nicked up.  They were the recipients of another "opportunity for a learning experience."

Of course, am still awake working off 2 hours sleep for having gone to that game as well.

They had good moments, but when the Canes were going balls out showed the Sabres they still have a ways to go.  But when one compares it to where they were last year or even early this year, they've come a lot further than what they still need to move forward.  MHO.  YMMV.

Lol, It was a word play Taro. We've endured this long with the product in much worse shape than this, but I thought a little humor would be nice.

But if I'm being honest, that was a terrible performance in the 1st. We were on the blue line, row 8 lower bowl, penalty box side, my daughter and son in law's season tickets. I got a real good look at those first 3 goals. That sucked lol

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

The culture of losing.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Lol, It was a word play Taro. We've endured this long with the product in much worse shape than this, but I thought a little humor would be nice.

But if I'm being honest, that was a terrible performance in the 1st. We were on the blue line, row 8 lower bowl, penalty box side, my daughter and son in law's season tickets. I got a real good look at those first 3 goals. That sucked lol

D'oh!

Thanks for the clarification.  Was running on 2 hours sleep yesterday.

🍻

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.