Rasmus Dahlin’s Open Letter to Buffalo

Brawndo

Captain 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

For all of the Tuch or Cozens for captain talk, all I can say is it will be Rasmus Dahlin when everything is said and done. 

Here's 2 minutes of Dahlin shooting. He's a wizard and Ralph Krueger is Voldemort. 

DON’T say that name 

Voldemort is fine. The other guy, I mean 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

Maybe I'm just a cynic but I feel like there's a pretty big chance our PR team played as much a role in this as Dahlin. 

Of course. 

Still cool 

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I don't think it is a plea to management, he can talk to Adams any time, I think he could be rallying the fan base to fill the rink.  

This 

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

This doesn’t mean it wasn’t sincere from Ras, but they pretty clearly had a role.

Okie, Mule, Donnie and Cozens were all asked questions about fan support during yesterday’s practice. The clips were spliced together for an item on their website yesterday and this pops today.

All this just after great road trip, the Bills are out, and ticket sales are meh for the league’s #2 team coming on.

Its definitely been a more sophisticated approach this year from what we’ve seen in the past, but just because it’s based on things that are “real” doesn’t mean it’s not also marketing.

They are trying to build a buzz that they can ride until the end of the season with a big win before a packed house over a good team. Especially if they follow that up with Tage doing something to get them talking at the all-star game.

To be clear, there’s nothing wrong with this. I hope it works.

Fits right in w/the point I’ve made before about their re-vamped social media/online presence. It’s pumping out content that rings true to many 

9 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Won’t open for me. Coles notes ?

Who’s Coles?

We have Cliffs Notes down in the States….I picked Lord of the Flies, as it seemed appropriate for this group! 

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

F63852C5-4522-4F13-AD40-39A3977999A8.jpeg

Edited by Spoonman

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

Maybe I'm just a cynic but I feel like there's a pretty big chance our PR team played as much a role in this as Dahlin. 

Of course they did, but that doesn't mean Dahlin doesn't believe the words credited to him. If you've watched any of his interviews this past season, he's said all of those things many times.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It doesn't matter, but I don't think he actually wrote that. The english is too fluid and smooth but again, it doesn't matter. It's a nice letter.

I wonder if this is a prelude to him being signed to a long term extension and then being named captain next season. 

Dahlin is smart and his English is very good for a second language. He either wrote a draft and a copy writer edited it, he was handed a draft and asked to edit it himself (and then his edits were edited), or a content person interviewed him and the result was given to a copy writer. However it was generated he signed off on it.

Remember that the theme for Wednesday's game is "choose love". This is clearly a part of that campaign.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ... said:

Dahlin is smart and his English is very good for a second language. He either wrote a draft and a copy writer edited it, he was handed a draft and asked to edit it himself (and then his edits were edited), or a content person interviewed him and the result was given to a copy writer. However it was generated he signed off on it.

Remember that the theme for Wednesday's game is "choose love". This is clearly a part of that campaign.

Three cheers for the Swedish education system, tbf

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Spoonman said:

Who’s Coles?

We have Cliffs Notes down in the States….I picked Lord of the Flies, as it seemed appropriate for this group! 

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

F63852C5-4522-4F13-AD40-39A3977999A8.jpeg

In all likelyhood its Cliffs notes here too. Coles came to me while I was typing that and I went with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

In all likelyhood its Cliffs notes here too. Coles came to me while I was typing that and I went with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

No, I think Coles notes is the Canadian version. People use to buy them at bookstores if they didn’t want to read the entire book.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, French Collection said:

No, I think Coles notes is the Canadian version. People use to buy them at bookstores if they didn’t want to read the entire book.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/contributor/author/coles-notes/

Yes I remember Coles Notes back in high school.  Still offered through Chapters / Indigo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It doesn't matter, but I don't think he actually wrote that. The english is too fluid and smooth but again, it doesn't matter. It's a nice letter.

I wonder if this is a prelude to him being signed to a long term extension and then being named captain next season. 

I've had plenty of U.S.-born, first-year college writing students submit assignments with grammar and syntax so much more problematic than what we see here in Dahlin's brief essay. It's just fine, rhetorically. Questioning its authorship, when the author in question has worked so hard to effectively command more than one language, is a weird waste of time. Fluidity is a manufactured metric that works. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I've had plenty of U.S.-born, first-year college writing students submit assignments with grammar and syntax so much more problematic than what we see here in Dahlin's brief essay. It's just fine, rhetorically. Questioning its authorship, when the author in question has worked so hard to effectively command more than one language, is a weird waste of time. Fluidity is a manufactured metric that works. 

I said it doesn't matter.

The sentiment is what matters. I also like the "Earn It" thing referenced in the top quoted article here on the site. 

I stick with what I said. I think this means Dahlin will sign a big/long extension and will be named captain for next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

For all of the Tuch or Cozens for captain talk, all I can say is it will be Rasmus Dahlin when everything is said and done. 

Here's 2 minutes of Dahlin shooting. He's a wizard and Ralph Krueger is Voldemort. 

Dahlin's elite puck handlings and patient toe drags are important components of creative possessions that result in goals. Not unlike Tage Thompson's own arrogant, laconic stickhandling contributions...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.