Rasmus Dahlin’s Open Letter to Buffalo

Brawndo

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I said it doesn't matter.

The sentiment is what matters. I also like the "Earn It" thing referenced in the top quoted article here on the site. 

I stick with what I said. I think this means Dahlin will sign a big/long extension and will be named captain for next season. 

Watched DG’s post practice interview, he uses the phrase “earn it” a few times.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Reminder that the #2 favorite for the Norris isn't in the All Star game. 

Do you think Karlsson is the favorite?  He is 11 points ahead of Dahlin as of today.  

If Dahlin helped lead the Sabres to the playoffs and finished 2nd in points that might sway the voters.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Do you think Karlsson is the favorite?  He is 11 points ahead of Dahlin as of today.  

If Dahlin helped lead the Sabres to the playoffs and finished 2nd in points that might sway the voters.  

I think Dahlin should be the favorite. He is better defensively than Karlsson, but Karlsson has the name recognition. Until the Sabres clinch a playoff spot, I honestly can't dream of the fallout from such a feat for a team the entire national hockey apparatus picked to be in the bottom 5 going into the season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Reminder that the #2 favorite for the Norris isn't in the All Star game. 

Paul Hamilton is beside himself over the issue.  I can’t possibly care any less about an exhibition with players who barely care and don’t play the game anything like a regular season game.  I guess this is a Buffalo pride thing because I don’t have any of that. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Paul Hamilton is beside himself over the issue.  I can’t possibly care any less about an exhibition with players who barely care and don’t play the game anything like a regular season game.  I guess this is a Buffalo pride thing because I don’t have any of that. 

Has noting to do with Buffalo pride. It has to do with the fact the NHL isn't smart and because they setup their all-star showcase in such a poor manor, one of their very best stars doesn't get showcased. It has more to do with growing the game than caring he's from Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Has noting to do with Buffalo pride. It has to do with the fact the NHL isn't smart and because they setup their all-star showcase in such a poor manor, one of their very best stars doesn't get showcased. It has more to do with growing the game than caring he's from Buffalo. 

I mean it’s the NHL.  When is the last thing they did something the right way?  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Normally wouldn't care, but going to an ASG has been high on the bucket list since '78 (back when the players did care about who won & most all the best players did go).  Actually got the opportunity this year & expected there would be 2 Sabres, so wtf not.

REALLY wanted to see Dahlin there in addition to just Thompson.  And it the league were smart, they'd've found a way to get Cozens there too.  Somebody, maybe @LGR4GM suggested going to 4v4 would add 3 more players / division (& maybe even go to 4 groups meaning there'd be 7 extra guys per division).  At that point wgaf if Suzuki has to be there to give Moe-ray-all A player.  There are 10 guys minimum from each division getting in on merit then.  Even just getting to 6 more would've gotten Dahlin there.

And this event really isn't for us geezers.  It should be for the kids & they want to see guys like Dahlin goofing around.

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Normally wouldn't care, but going to an ASG has been high on the bucket list since '78 (back when the players did care about who won & most all the best players did go).  Actually got the opportunity this year & expected there would be 2 Sabres, so wtf not.

REALLY wanted to see Dahlin there in addition to just Thompson.  And it the league were smart, they'd've found a way to get Cozens there too.  Somebody, maybe @LGR4GM suggested going to 4v4 would add 3 more players / division (& maybe even go to 4 groups meaning there'd be 7 extra guys per division).  At that point wgaf if Suzuki has to be there to give Moe-ray-all A player.  There are 10 guys minimum from each division getting in on merit then.  Even just getting to 6 more would've gotten Dahlin there.

And this event really isn't for us geezers.  It should be for the kids & they want to see guys like Dahlin goofing around.

But being mad about the NHL doing the exact dumb things they’ve done for 40 years is like being mad at a dog for barking.  It’s what they do. I guess people like PHam need something to talk about. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yea 4v4. 9 forwards, 3 defenders, 2 goalies from each division. Fan vote is last 2 forwards and 1 defender in. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Would you want him to get hurt in a meaningless game ? all that matters is First and Second All-Star Teams at the the end of the year thats more of an honor 

Dahlin could slip going into keybank and get hurt, why worry about stuff like that?

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea 4v4. 9 forwards, 3 defenders, 2 goalies from each division. Fan vote is last 2 forwards and 1 defender in. 

Dahlin could slip going into keybank and get hurt, why worry about stuff like that?

Because its happen and ended more then one career rather him rest up for the playoff run .

He will get voted first team allstar at the end of the year so who cares 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Because its happen and ended more then one career rather him rest up for the playoff run .

He will get voted first team allstar at the end of the year so who cares 

What career was ended by the modern NHL all star game? 

I don't really care, again it is the NHL failing to showcase its stars. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres defensemen who made the All-Star team:

• Alexei Zhitnik
  • Mike Ramsey
  • Jim Schoenfeld
  • Jerry Korab
  • Phil Housley
  • Brian Campbell
  • Rasmus Dahlin (2022)

In 2011 there were no Sabres on either team.

Zemgus Girgensons was an All-Star in 2015, Okposo (w/ Buffalo) in 2017.

My message to Rasmus?  Do better.

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Horcoff ,Hiller, DiPietro , gaborik  are some 

Shawn Horcoff played over 1,000 games spanning 15 years. Horcoff was injured in October by all reports and the All-Star game simply aggravated the injury. 

Marian Gaborik played over 1,000 games spanning 17 years. I can find no information that any of his various injuries occurred at the All-Star game.

Jonas Hiller played over 400 games spanning 9 years. Nothing on Hiller being injured at the all-star game. He was injured after the all-star according to reports. 

Rick DiPietro re-injured himself at the all-star game and was already suffering from several chronic injury issues going into the event but nice try there. 

So again, can you name someone that injured themselves seriously in an all star game? I have either previous injuries which got worse in the case of DiPietro or in the case of Horcoff, an older guy who was already injured. Basically what I am saying is I don't believe you. 

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This is both boring and obnoxious to say to the 2nd highest scoring defender in the National Hockey League right now. It is also lazy. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Shawn Horcoff played over 1,000 games spanning 15 years. Horcoff was injured in October by all reports and the All-Star game simply aggravated the injury. 

Marian Gaborik played over 1,000 games spanning 17 years. I can find no information that any of his various injuries occurred at the All-Star game.

Jonas Hiller played over 400 games spanning 9 years. Nothing on Hiller being injured at the all-star game. He was injured after the all-star according to reports. 

Rick DiPietro re-injured himself at the all-star game and was already suffering from several chronic injury issues going into the event but nice try there. 

So again, can you name someone that injured themselves seriously in an all star game? I have either previous injuries which got worse in the case of DiPietro or in the case of Horcoff, an older guy who was already injured. Basically what I am saying is I don't believe you. 

This is both boring and obnoxious to say to the 2nd highest scoring defender in the National Hockey League right now. It is also lazy. 

Jonas Hiller got Vertigo because of shot .

Horcoff blew out his shoulder and become half the player he was in his career 

DiPietro blew out his knee in a  Shoot out and more injuries snowballed 

Gaborik blew out his hib in a skating   Competition

Edited by Buffalonill

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Jonas Hiller got Vertigo because of shot .

Horcoff blew out his shoulder and become half the player he was in his career 

DiPietro blew out his knee in a  Shoot out and more injuries snowballed 

Gaborik blew out his hib in a skating   Competition

I already looked all this up. You're not accurate. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Sabres defensemen who made the All-Star team:

• Alexei Zhitnik
  • Mike Ramsey
  • Jim Schoenfeld
  • Jerry Korab
  • Phil Housley
  • Brian Campbell
  • Rasmus Dahlin (2022)

In 2011 there were no Sabres on either team.

Zemgus Girgensons was an All-Star in 2015, Okposo (w/ Buffalo) in 2017.

The league could always, *gasp*, choose a _defenceman_ for the division's team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.