Tage Thompson day-to-day per Harrington/Sabres

Eleven

Will he have to miss the all-star game?  While the ASG does nothing for the Sabres' season, he earned the opportunity to go and it would suck if he had to miss it.  Going to the ASG made a huge (positive) difference in Dahlin's confidence level, but I suppose that, at this point, Thompson doesn't need that type of confidence booster.  He already gotten paid and is now acknowledged as a top player in the league.  The ASG is a low-contact event, so maybe he can go without further risking injury.

59 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Will he have to miss the all-star game?  While the ASG does nothing for the Sabres' season, he earned the opportunity to go and it would suck if he had to miss it.  Going to the ASG made a huge (positive) difference in Dahlin's confidence level, but I suppose that, at this point, Thompson doesn't need that type of confidence booster.  He already gotten paid and is now acknowledged as a top player in the league.  The ASG is a low-contact event, so maybe he can go without further risking injury.

Ok i honestly could give  A rat's ass about the allstar game its  Meaningless rather him be fully healthy for the playoffs. 

And the all star game didn't unlock Dahlin it was Don Granato letting him make mistakes and  Unlocking his true potential

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok i honestly could give  A rat's ass about the allstar game its  Meaningless rather him be fully healthy for the playoffs. 

And the all star game didn't unlock Dahlin it was Don Granato letting him make mistakes and  Unlocking his true potential

To be fair, a couple of defencemen told Dahlin how lucky they felt playing with him.  Dahlin said that really boosted his confidence.  I have always theorised that it was backhanded swipe at XHCRK.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Was hoping to see TNT unleash his slapper in the hardest shot competition. Git er done Tage!

Depending on the injury, he might be able to do this competition without any threat of further injury, and sit out the actual games.  To reiterate my comments above, I understand that the ASG is meaningless to the Sabres season and Thompson's health and the Sabres' season are much more important than an exhibition game, but it's a career milestone and honor to participate in the game and Thompson has earned it.  If he can participate in some way WITHOUT ANY FURTHER RISK OF INJURY, I'm in favor.  I don't know the type or severity of the injury, so I don't know whether there's a risk or not.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.