GDT- Sabres @ Wild, January 28th,2023 @9:00 PM (Est) ESPN+/HULU

Wyldnwoody44

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Goaltending cost us this one. I'll take the point.

I don’t know man. There were minutes of this game where I was shocked we didn’t give up a goal. One easy goal where UPL got caught out of position. But the guy had a great overall game. 

A fluky shoot out goal prevented us from getting a final go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Stads said:

You don't get to a shootout without UPL tonight. Huge saves down the stretch

From what I saw, which was all of the first and second, and half of the third, you are absolutely right.  First period, he was ON and needed to be because the guys in front of him were asleep.

• Like (+1) 3

Aside from hits that was a pretty even game that could have gone either way. UPL obviously attended the Robyn Lehner School For Shoot Outs but what can you do. Win in regulation next time. 

This road trip could have ended the season if it went badly. Instead, they are right in the heart of the wild card battle. That's pretty darn impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It’s funny: depending on what Washington does, if we win on Wednesday, at the all star break we’ll be ahead of the pens for 8th officially but behind in points % and behind Washington on points but ahead of them on points %

I’d call that 8th fair and square

So one more shot at the line before the break. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s funny: depending on what Washington does, if we win on Wednesday, at the all star break we’ll be ahead of the pens for 8th officially but behind in points % and behind Washington on points but ahead of them on points %

I’d call that 8th fair and square

So one more shot at the line before the break. 

Pens and Caps are geezer teams that might be starting to show their age.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.