GDT- Sabres @ Wild, January 28th,2023 @9:00 PM (Est) ESPN+/HULU

Wyldnwoody44

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Do you stay at hotels, or air bnbs, or couchsurf?  I'm starting the digital nomad thing and it's kind of fun so far.

I got an Airbnb in Quebec, on Rue St Jean, just 1 block from the old city, it was only around 80$/night for an entire apartment. In Montreal and Ottawa I'm staying at a hotel for a night each using some of my banked Marriott points. 

In general, I've found Airbnb to be great, especially outside of the US. Within the USA, they have become overpriced and I don't use them as much. But internationally, it's still the best way to go in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I got an Airbnb in Quebec, on Rue St Jean, just 1 block from the old city, it was only around 80$/night for an entire apartment. In Montreal and Ottawa I'm staying at a hotel for a night each using some of my banked Marriott points. 

In general, I've found Airbnb to be great, especially outside of the US. Within the USA, they have become overpriced and I don't use them as much. But internationally, it's still the best way to go in my opinion. 

When you use your credit card in Canada is the bill in American or Canadian dollars $$$? Just curious. 

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've got one in San Juan next week for less than the cost of an unfurnished apartment in Buffalo.  Given Buffalo in February, this is a no-brainer.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've got one in San Juan next week for less than the cost of an unfurnished apartment in Buffalo.  Given Buffalo in February, this is a no-brainer.

Nice, San Juan. Grab a Sandwich at El Meson, it's fast food there but surprisingly good, also set up on the beach and buy some Gasolinas, carpi sun pouches for adults. They hit ya quick 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Nice, San Juan. Grab a Sandwich at El Meson, it's fast food there but surprisingly good, also set up on the beach and buy some Gasolinas, carpi sun pouches for adults. They hit ya quick 😂😂

I’m going to PR in June, I appreciate the tips too. Especially the “adult” capri suns 👍🤣

• Thanks (+1) 1

Notes:

Last matchup, the Sabres had the dreaded 2-goal lead and gave up a late 2nd period goal and an early 3rd period goal to tie it. They then gave up a PP goal to fall behind 5-4.... woke back up and won the game.

Zuccarello didn't play in their last matchup. On the Sabres side, Joker hadn't yet returned from injury. 

In their most recent game Thursday vs. PHI, the Wild engaged in 4 separate fights.

Recently, Boldy has moved up the lineup and has responded with 6 points in the last 3 games.

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Notes:

Last matchup, the Sabres had the dreaded 2-goal lead and gave up a late 2nd period goal and an early 3rd period goal to tie it. They then gave up a PP goal to fall behind 5-4.... woke back up and won the game.

Zuccarello didn't play in their last matchup. On the Sabres side, Joker hadn't yet returned from injury. 

In their most recent game Thursday vs. PHI, the Wild engaged in 4 separate fights.

Recently, Boldy has moved up the lineup and has responded with 6 points in the last 3 games.

Yeah I've got a good friend in St. Paul who was chirping me during Minny's comeback and then left his sports bar early.  Sorry bud!

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sabresouth said:

The Sabres play more of a wide open game. There's a lot less coaching needed for this.  Coach just tells them to "get after it" and away they go. 😀 LETS GO SABRES!!!!

I know this is kinda generally accepted as the way, but it certainly isn’t the case with Donnie.

He talks all the time about defence being the easy part to learn: pick a structure, stay disciplined and work hard within it.

He is so focused on finding ways to break down structure, his practices are designed to have the team making plays at a high tempo so those plays come more naturally in games, he pushes his players to be creative, to try things, to be fearless.

And you can see it: our players are constantly moving to open up spaces, then dropping pucks into those spaces, confident a teammate is darting hard into those holes. The puck carrier always has multiple options in the attacking zone. He runs into traffic, he has 2 guys nearby ready to bail him out. The team is always coming in layers. That is how they are being coached to play.

Victor Olofsson has hit a career high in goals a little over halfway through the season.

Tage Thompson and Jeff Skinner are well on their way to career years. Tyson Jost might get there too.

Cozens, Mittelstadt, Tuch and Dahlin have already topped their career-best totals. It’s January!

That is all happening because of the way this team is being coached.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I know this is kinda generally accepted as the way, but it certainly isn’t the case with Donnie.

He talks all the time about defence being the easy part to learn: pick a structure, stay disciplined and work hard within it.

He is so focused on finding ways to break down structure, his practices are designed to have the team making plays at a high tempo so those plays come more naturally in games, he pushes his players to be creative, to try things, to be fearless.

And you can see it: our players are constantly moving to open up spaces, then dropping pucks into those spaces, confident a teammate is darting hard into those holes. The puck carrier always has multiple options in the attacking zone. He runs into traffic, he has 2 guys nearby ready to bail him out. The team is always coming in layers. That is how they are being coached to play.

Victor Olofsson has hit a career high in goals a little over halfway through the season.

Tage Thompson and Jeff Skinner are well on their way to career years. Tyson Jost might get there too.

Cozens, Mittelstadt, Tuch and Dahlin have already topped their career-best totals. It’s January!

That is all happening because of the way this team is being coached.

Yep.  And though there may be fine points people want to argue with, really can't lose the forest for the trees.  The man just gets it.  And his players certainly seem to trust him implicitly.

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sabres roll into Minnesota tonight on a 3 game road winning streak, looking to make some waves in the playoff race. The teams around them have been faltering and this is the time to make some moves up that ladder. 

Cozens will be OK to play and Muel may be able to as well. 

Kill Them Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Sabres are such a good road team.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Giving Cozens the day off (and a few days until the home game with Carolina) is the right move. But one thing is certain, the 2nd line is the 4th line tonight.

Maybe Krebs is ready to reunite the kid line from Rochester. They probably get the least amount of minutes but a new look could spark Quinn and JJP.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.