Timo Meier rumour - Sabres contact Sharks

Sabres73

Essentially if we trade 2 1sts and a 2nd for Meier and aren’t able to sign him next year; we likely would only be able to recoup, at most, a conditional 1st due to his UFA status. 

I’d love to make the playoffs but spending that much to merely have a chance to make the playoffs isn’t worth it. Meier doesn’t magically make us a dark horse Cup contender. This is not the time to throw large assets at short term bandaids

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Luckily it isnt our decision but I agree Sabres need both a Timo Meier and Luke Schenn type add to be competitive... Whether via trade, signing as a ufas... these guys are within reach which has folks here excited and opinionated...  Me I'm not sure if these particular two are the right choice but Sabres should do their due diligence... Could see Schenn as an easier get... nice thing is finally seeing some passionate disagreements not everyone agreeing the Sabres suck.

• Like (+1) 1

Again having so many young players with no playoff experience, the goal of this year should to get there if you are this close.  The Sabres have vets like Girls, Skinner, Thompson, Mitts, and Olofsson who have never tasted the playoffs.  

I think the continual short bench in the 3rd periods of games lately with Quinn and JJP seeing limited ice time shows the need for another vet to play with Cozens, Meier fits that need.

Acquiring Meier and Schenn puts this team into the playoffs!!!

If KA stays the course and doesn't make any moves, they will miss the playoffs! 

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Again having so many young players with no playoff experience, the goal of this year should to get there if you are this close.  The Sabres have vets like Girls, Skinner, Thompson, Mitts, and Olofsson who have never tasted the playoffs.  

I think the continual short bench in the 3rd periods of games lately with Quinn and JJP seeing limited ice time shows the need for another vet to play with Cozens, Meier fits that need.

Acquiring Meier and Schenn puts this team into the playoffs!!!

If KA stays the course and doesn't make any moves, they will miss the playoffs! 

I dont believe that the players know the mission let them complete it .

Edited by Buffalonill

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Luckily it isnt our decision but I agree Sabres need both a Timo Meier and Luke Schenn type add to be competitive... Whether via trade, signing as a ufas... these guys are within reach which has folks here excited and opinionated...  Me I'm not sure if these particular two are the right choice but Sabres should do their due diligence... Could see Schenn as an easier get... nice thing is finally seeing some passionate disagreements not everyone agreeing the Sabres suck.

They don't. Everyone around here seems to forget that Feb 2023 Jack Quinn isn't October 2023 Jack Quinn is gonna be. 

We do need a schenn type though. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Who is good buddies with Chris Drury who hates everything Sabres 

I’m not sure why you’d think that. He may not be a fan of Quinn/TG, but from what I know both Drury and Grier enjoyed their time here and Grier even returned for a second stint with Buffalo before retiring.

Edited by tom webster
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Sabres could have signed him before the season and/or signed both him and Briere but decided to play the slow game and tried to do it on the cheap.

He sure got his revenge leading us on till free agency.

Because of him they went all in and they let Danny go the one who wanted to stay

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TageMVP said:

They both hate Adams because of that Carolina cup team 

I think that’s just a fan thing. A particular type of fan.  The type that I’m not.  I’ll never understand the hatred for the Canes.  I think it’s really misguided anger that should have been placed at the foot of the Sabres organization rather than another one. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Screwing who over? Drury  is the one that played buffalo 

I promise myself every time this comes up that I’m just going to stay out of it and every time I see another incorrect take my blood boils  to the point that I have to stay off the site for a week to avoid the rabbit hole. But can I stay off just before deadline day, we will see

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I promise myself every time this comes up that I’m just going to stay out of it and every time I see another incorrect take my blood boils  to the point that I have to stay off the site for a week to avoid the rabbit hole. But can I stay off just before deadline day, we will see

Just bookmark an old post clarifying what happened and link to it.  Easy peasy and cuts down on the frustration level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Can you clue me in then? Beacuse thats what Daniel Briere said 

They both had a plan to stay and drury backed out

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

No use in wasting thoughts on it Tom. Regardless of what fans think happened, what's done is done in any case. We stay the course in to the here and now, and with that in mind, the playoffs are still within our reach. If Adam's can swing a deal or 2 with shrewd prudence I will be delighted. Besides, as sad as this may sound to many, it's exciting to just be in the hunt for a post season spot this far in to February.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Screwing who over? Drury  is the one that played buffalo 

This is my recollection as well, that the Sabres prioritized Drury when Briere was there for the taking. Even had they got it done with Drury, they chose the wrong player anyways 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.