GDT - Sabres @ Blues - January 24, 2023 - 8:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Sabres73 said:

Their original unis are among the best in hockey, yet they've basically turned their back on them for years, except for the occasional use of the blue ones. Weird.

It's like when Buffalo went to the slug, and then occasionally teased the original crest, then came back with it but in the way-too-drab near-navy color. It's a great big cycle. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

One of the more positive and interesting stories of the season continues re: abundant forward health 

I feel the most optimistic when I think about Power and Cozens, because those are two guys we could reasonably hope to amount to being a team’s best D man and F respectively, and that neither is projected to be or expected to be for us is where the real excitement comes in 

I think Power very well might be the best player within a few years. At age 20 he is so good and far far ahead of where Dahlin was a few years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I think Power very well might be the best player within a few years. At age 20 he is so good and far far ahead of where Dahlin was a few years ago.

Totally disagree. Dahlin was one of the better dmen in the nhl and one of our best statistical players at *18*. Power was in school. 

Dahlin was better at 18 than Power is now, at *20*. Dahlin had a slump under Krueger, that’s it 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Totally disagree. Dahlin was one of the better dmen in the nhl and one of our best statistical players at *18*. Power was in school. 

Dahlin was better at 18 than Power is now, at *20*. Dahlin had a slump under Krueger, that’s it 

Dahlin was a mess defensively for his first 2 years at least.

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Fun period, now keep the foot on the gas. 

maintain the shutout, win 3-0 while getting terrible shooting luck even as we pepper Binnington with shots, while the regression to the mean comes Thursday and our offence explodes again against Hellebuyck as I  rain down the boos and laughter at him from the stands on Thursday

or score more now and bunch then too

whichever

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.