GDT: 1/23/2023 ๐Ÿ’ Buffalo Sabres @ Dallas Stars 8:30 pm ET, MSG & WGR

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Anderson had not played particularly well in January.ย  Kudos to Granato & Bales for knowing the pulse of the goalie room & giving him the start.

Don't believe UPL would've gotten that win tonight even though he'd been playing better than Andy lately.ย  Hoping UPL gets the W tomorrow.ย  Was smart to give him the day of rest today.

Absolutely agree. UPL has been very good lately, but he wouldn't have won this game. I have my criticisms of DG, but he chose wisely (or luckily) tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

As everyone else stated Anderson was our first star. The Stars could have had five goals during the first half of the first period. Our defense was scrambling and acted confused while Dallas was bombing away with great chances that our goalie magnificently stopped.ย 

The winning goal by Power was neatly set up by Tage. Ottinger was focused on TT and didn't account for Power who then seized on his opportunity. The smile on Power's face after his first goal of the season was beyond being radiant.ย 

I thought Tuch played a good game. He was relentless and all over the ice. Krebs is getting better and better.ย 

Quinn and JJ seem lost. Their play is inconsequential.ย ย 

If I hear any more trade Olofsson talk I'm going to have a conniption. Just stop it! He's a sniper who scores goals.ย ย 

Dallas is a top tier and a big and rugged team. With the exception of the first half of the first period, the Sabres, the road team, matched them. Tremendous effort and great win!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Please, Please management,ย  go get some key upgrades at the deadline.ย  This team can make the playoffs with just a little help in the right places.ย 

I rarely agree with Paul Hamsammich, but I think the argument he just made regarding trade-deadline upgrades is on point. If Adams can do something without: trading any of our first-round prospects or any of our first-round picks, then do it. But I want them to remain set up for the future long term.ย 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Anderson had not played particularly well in January.ย  Kudos to Granato & Bales for knowing the pulse of the goalie room & giving him the start.

Don't believe UPL would've gotten that win tonight even though he'd been playing better than Andy lately.ย  Hoping UPL gets the W tomorrow.ย  Was smart to give him the day of rest today.

They just read SS

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know Casey is the current whipping boy, and I know that he still has some pretty big development needs, but he is pretty good on the boards and makes more happen than some are willing to admit.ย 

Makes more happen than some are willing to admit?ย 
ย 

He has been downright good at times the last few weeks. Heโ€™s really cut down on the the turnovers.ย 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Play Comrie now and then to spell Anderson to keep him fresh to back up UPL in the playoffs. Next season Comrie replaces Anderson as backup to UPL while Levi spends the season in Rochester.

BAM! Sabres have a goalie plan.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know Casey is the current whipping boy, and I know that he still has some pretty big development needs, but he is pretty good on the boards and makes more happen than some are willing to admit.ย 

I think that the negative perception of Mitts has lessened a lot because of his consistently good play for the past dozen games or so. Jost deserves a lot of credit for the elevation of the Mitts/Olof line.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ... said:

I rarely agree with Paul Hamsammich, but I think the argument he just made regarding trade-deadline upgrades is on point. If Adams can do something without: trading any of our first-round prospects or any of our first-round picks, then do it. But I want them to remain set up for the future long term.ย 

I think it can be done without hampering the future.

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

ย 

He has been downright good at times the last few weeks. Heโ€™s really cut down on the the turnovers.ย 

Perfect time to trade him!

four quick comments:, if I may

1. it was a really really tough Sunday for a lot of us, thank you Sabres for this.ย  My son, brother and some friends flew in last weekend for a great Sabres saturday matinee followed by the Bills let down.

2. I would be all over trading a 1st and some offensive prospects for Chychrun if he was a RHD.ย  I would still do it though - having Dahlin, Power, Chychrun and Samuellson as your top 4 - who cares about D 5 and 6.ย  We really have too many O pospects though Kulich is untradeable to me.

3. I say we see a cup before we see a lombardi'

4. If Portillo is too much of a p*ssy to compete for our goalie #1, fck him

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

four quick comments:, if I may

1. it was a really really tough Sunday for a lot of us, thank you Sabres for this.ย  My son, brother and some friends flew in last weekend for a great Sabres saturday matinee followed by the Bills let down.

2. I would be all over trading a 1st and some offensive prospects for Chychrun if he was a RHD.ย  I would still do it though - having Dahlin, Power, Chychrun and Samuellson as your top 4 - who cares about D 5 and 6.ย  We really have too many O pospects though Kulich is untradeable to me.

3. I say we see a cup before we see a lombardi'

4. If Portillo is too much of a p*ssy to compete for our goalie #1, fck him

Too much risk for a player with his injury history.

5 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Play Comrie now and then to spell Anderson to keep him fresh to back up UPL in the playoffs. Next season Comrie replaces Anderson as backup to UPL while Levi spends the season in Rochester.

BAM! Sabres have a goalie plan.ย ย 

I don't need to see Comrie play at all, honestly

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Heโ€™s about to turn 25. ย If he was going to figure it out heโ€™d have figured it out. ย 
ย 

Mitts has somehow personified the Peter Principle and the Sunk cost Fallacy in one dude. ย Which I suppose can only happen in pro sports (over here with our salary caps and mandated parity).ย 

Happy to be proven wrong. ย Donโ€™t think I will be. ย 

ย 

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

ย 

Did you watch this game tonight? ย 

16 hours ago, sabresouth said:

I can't make the drive for this one. Sure wish I could though.ย  I will take one for the team. We are 0-4 at games I've attended. These were all pre covid so there's that.ย  I intend to improve my record going forward. GO SABRES.

I will take credit for the win tonight.ย  Yall can thank me later for not attending. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Haha (+1) 1

That was a pretty good road win.ย 

Really nice for Power to get a meaningful goal as his first goal. He will remember that one.ย 

Anderson kept them in it during a sloppy first period though. Samuelsson uncharacteristically bad in the first as well. Fortunately Dallas didn't score a bunch of goals and they could recover and play better structure in the 2nd and 3rd.ย 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Heโ€™s about to turn 25. ย If he was going to figure it out heโ€™d have figured it out. ย 
ย 

Mitts has somehow personified the Peter Principle and the Sunk cost Fallacy in one dude. ย Which I suppose can only happen in pro sports (over here with our salary caps and mandated parity).ย 

Happy to be proven wrong. ย Donโ€™t think I will be. ย 

ย 

Did you watch this game tonight? ย 

I don't agree with this at all. Danny Briere was 26 when he became Danny Briere.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.