GDT: 1/23/2023 πŸ’ Buffalo Sabres @ Dallas Stars 8:30 pm ET, MSG & WGR

Doohickie

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It could be Levi/UPL (or reversed); it could be Anderson/Comrie again if the GM doesn't fix hymself, it could be a lot of things. Β  Evaluating Comrie is important, and this team is not making the playoffs. Β It just isn't. Β It's nice to think about; it's nicer to watch them develop and think about next season.

UPL and Comrie are both on 1-way contracts next year.

Anderson is not coming back and they aren't bringing in another NHL goalie unless neither backstops the Sabres to wins. Right now UPL is doing that.

If it continues, he opens next season as the #1. If he doesn't Comrie gets his shot.

We already know Comrie can be a backup.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We already know Comrie can be a backup.

No, we don't, and we also don't know whether he can be a starter.

As you say, Anderson isn't coming back.Β 

There is no reason to start Andy tonight unless you think the Sabres can make a run. Β And if you do, I think that's awesome, and I hope you're right.

But I think you're wrong.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There is no reason to start Andy tonight unless you think the Sabres can make a run. Β And if you do, I think that's awesome, and I hope you're right.

Anderson is starting.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I circled the relevant stats where Comrie is the worst of 3 options.Β 

792C7EC3-17B1-426A-9284-015ED713AA63.jpeg

Starting the guy who does his job better. Makes senseΒ 

Comrie was hurt and out for an extensive period of time. It's difficult to assess a player, especially a goalie, if he rarely plays. Stats and analytics for a goalie can be deceptive when trying to make a judgment on a player when there is an insufficient body of work to judge from. We know for sure that Anderson won't be back next year. The organization needs to find out what he is capable of before entering next season.Β 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Comrie was hurt and out for an extensive period of time. It's difficult to assess a player, especially a goalie, if he rarely plays. Stats and analytics for a goalie can be deceptive when trying to make a judgment on a player when there is an insufficient body of work to judge from. We know for sure that Anderson won't be back next year. The organization needs to find out what he is capable of before entering next season.Β 

My man, sometimes when all a goalie can establish, consistently, over the 10 year period since being drafted, *is* a pattern of an insufficient body of work, (with poor numbers this season, to boot), that data needed to form a likely conclusion *is* sufficient.Β 

It just starts to become very unlikely all of these failures to launch are really just circumstantial the more they occur and are committed to record. It becomes a compelling pattern.Β 

Comrie can force his way in if he’s good enough. I’m not prioritizing giving him a look over winningΒ 

days gone byΒ 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, JΓ€vΙ™ Keith said:

Boo Northstar Wannabes.

Yay Swordsmen!

Massive Whiteout

Winter Solstice Snow GIF by Elle

Β 

I ABHOR THE twinkles since NO GOAL. Yeah, I know, I know, it’s past, BUT NOT FOR MUOIX. I live in DFW & have family who are twinkles. Love them (β€˜supposed to say that), ABHOR their stupid faces! πŸ˜‚

Β 

Pox on their team!Β 

Star Wars Mind Blown GIF by LEGO
Β 

GOΒ 

3d fight GIF by sketchfab

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We know Comrie can be a backup. He was maybe the best backup in the league last year in Winnipeg.

We need to know is UPL is a starter and the best way to do that is by letting him keep the crease.

If you're giving up on the playoffs 2 games back with with 35 games to go, well, I'm glad you're not running the Sabres.

For years, we've been wanting games to mean something in the new year. They still do.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We know Comrie can be a backup. He was maybe the best backup in the league last year in Winnipeg.

We need to know is UPL is a starter and the best way to do that is by letting him keep the crease.

If you're giving up on the playoffs 2 games back with with 35 games to go, well, I'm glad you're not running the Sabres.

For years, we've been wanting games to mean something in the new year. They still do.

You can do all of that by playing both UPL and Comrie. He played well at the start of the season when the defense was healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Love ? Im getting sick of not making it to the playoffs .

You have one of the bestΒ  offense in the league and one of top centers andΒ  Defensman in league.Β 

And we're still going to miss that just blows my mind

It is not over yet.Β  Β We are still in the running.Β Β 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Off the top of your head, can you remember the last time Anderson won? I can’t.Β 

Honestly I can’t remember any goalie winning much lately other than UPL. So I went to the stats and EC’s are a fair bit worse than CA’s.

Edited by Thorny

For the record, I don’t care if Comrie gets the backup starts over Anderson, I just want UPL to continue getting most of the starts until he starts costing us games.

I would imagine Comrie gets Winnipeg, UPL gets Stl and Min.

Probably how I would have done it too, given the compressed schedule.

Β 

• Like (+1) 1

Ya I mean Comrie’s last W was in November lolΒ 

Just now, dudacek said:

For the record, I don’t care if Comrie gets the backup starts over Anderson, I just want UPL to continue getting most of the starts until he starts costing us games.

I would imagine Comrie gets Winnipeg, UPL gets Stl and Min.

Probably how I would have done it too, given the compressed schedule.

Β 

Sucks for meΒ 

Lets beat the Dallas South Stars tonight and get rolling.Β Β 

I am going to the Sabres-Blues game tomorrow.Β  Β Got some nice 100 Level tickets at the end were the Sabres shoot twice.Β Β 

Don't like that we are getting a back to back on this road trip, and that is the game I have.Β Β 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

My man, sometimes when all a goalie can establish, consistently, over the 10 year period since being drafted, *is* a pattern of an insufficient body of work, (with poor numbers this season, to boot), that data needed to form a likely conclusion *is* sufficient.Β 

It just starts to become very unlikely all of these failures to launch are really just circumstantial the more they occur and are committed to record. It becomes a compelling pattern.Β 

Comrie can force his way in if he’s good enough. I’m not prioritizing giving him a look over winningΒ 

days gone byΒ 

Β 

Days gone by and still I think of you...

Β 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.