GDT: 1/23/2023 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Dallas Stars 8:30 pm ET, MSG & WGR

Doohickie

Have no good feelings for how this one'll go.  Hoping @Doohickie & @Spoonman get to see a good game & a W.

Will be interested to see if the defensive play from the 3rd period of the Aisles game will continue.  Was busy w/ other stuff during the Anaheim game so couldn't focus on how they played in their own end that game.  Hoping they bring that play back.  Which is something they'll been to do to play "playoff" hockey. 

16 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Looks like Anderson in goal. I thought they would have played Comrie by now. He’s going to be pretty rusty next time he plays.

He may need another conditioning assignment. Really though, Anderson is not the future and should sit, unless they are showcasing him. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Looks like Anderson in goal. I thought they would have played Comrie by now. He’s going to be pretty rusty next time he plays.

I'd like to see Comrie spelling UPL too.  He's the one we need to learn about.  We know Anderson.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

To be fair, every defenseman in the NHL was better than Dahlin his first couple of seasons. 

Pretty sure the year he got nominated for Rookie of the Year he wasn’t the worst defenceman in the nhl

He wasn’t just “not the worst”, either, he was actively good. He went through a development slump later on that it was obvious he’d get through 

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Playing for the W not Comrie’s development. I like it. 

Comrie isn't developing.  He's an unknown.  And the Sabres aren't making the playoffs this year.  If the November losing streak didn't make that clear, the last couple of weeks should have.

Edited by Eleven
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Comrie isn't developing.  He's an unknown.  And the Sabres aren't making the playoffs this year.  If the November losing streak didn't make that clear, the last couple of weeks should have.

Someone with as few nhl starts as he he did coming in..I think the hope was he’d improve if given a shot to play a lot. Maybe development is the wrong word: let’s use evaluation. I’m glad they aren’t using the games to evaluate Eric Comrie

Just now, Thorny said:

Someone with as few nhl starts as he he did coming in..I think the hope was he’d improve if given a shot to play a lot. Maybe development is the wrong word: let’s use evaluation. I’m glad they aren’t using the games to evaluate Eric Comrie

Evaluation is the right word, I think.  And I'm not happy that they're not using this time to evaluate him.

At least we can agree on the vocabulary?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I can’t really make heads or tails of your post. Aren’t making the playoffs? We certainly have a reasonable shot. 

Regardless, failing that, give me 90 points. Give me 91. Give me as many as we can get cause the time to care about real results is now and it’s way more fun 

Just now, Eleven said:

Evaluation is the right word, I think.  And I'm not happy that they're not using this time to evaluate him.

At least we can agree on the vocabulary?

We can certainly agree on the vocabulary 

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'd like to see Comrie spelling UPL too.  He's the one we need to learn about.  We know Anderson.  

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

We need the win and we need to try.

It'snot like we're going to have any other combo than Comrie/UPL to start next season anyway.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We need the win and we need to try.

It'snot like we're going to have any other combo than Comrie/UPL to start next season anyway.

It could be Levi/UPL (or reversed); it could be Anderson/Comrie again if the GM doesn't fix hymself, it could be a lot of things.   Evaluating Comrie is important, and this team is not making the playoffs.  It just isn't.  It's nice to think about; it's nicer to watch them develop and think about next season.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It could be Levi/UPL (or reversed); it could be Anderson/Comrie again if the GM doesn't fix hymself, it could be a lot of things.   Evaluating Comrie is important, and this team is not making the playoffs.  It just isn't.  It's nice to think about; it's nicer to watch them develop and think about next season.

high quality GIF

• Agree 1

This 4 game gauntlet is make or break for the teams playoff chances.  

- 6 or more points, the hope tank will be refilled a little bit

- 4-5 points. treading water

- 3 or less points, playoff chances are on life support 

Then they have 1 home game before the break against the Canes  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.