Eichel thrown under the bus by Vegas HC Bruce Cassidy

matter2003

22 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The better Eichel does going forward, the more pronounced the question will be of whether they should’ve got more for him.

You can always play coulda-woulda-shoulda, but remember that Eichel was out with a neck injury and wanted a surgery that had not yet been done on an NHLer.  That was risk-risk-risk all around.  Even if Tuch and Krebs settle down and Östlund doesn't amount to much, I don't think you can say that Kevyn could have, or should have, gotten more.  He traded away a bunch of risk and a bunch of locker room crap and ended up with insane positive vibes.

• Like (+1) 7

37 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You can always play coulda-woulda-shoulda, but remember that Eichel was out with a neck injury and wanted a surgery that had not yet been done on an NHLer.  That was risk-risk-risk all around.  Even if Tuch and Krebs settle down and Östlund doesn't amount to much, I don't think you can say that Kevyn could have, or should have, gotten more.  He traded away a bunch of risk and a bunch of locker room crap and ended up with insane positive vibes.

I agree.

When the trade happened, I was happy with the return.  Now a year or so later, it looks that much better for Buffalo. I'm not sure how much more you could have gotten for him that would make the deal better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Looks like the dam is bursting on the Eichel myth. 

The pre myth Sabres fan build up as the lottery drew near, the first couple of seasons drove by.....

Generational talent? Little difference between McDavid and Eichel?

Then, came seasons 3 and 4, and reality began to set in on the Sabres faithful. Eichel wasn't the holy grail, he wasn't even on the path to the promise land.

Is he a leader? Is he the problem? He wants to leave? Good riddance?

I don't know what every one thinks of Eichel, but 3 things were clear with his time in Buffalo....

A. Fans were hard on him, he wasn't a generational talent, but a dam good one, even with his inconsistencies.

B. He wasn't a leader, at least not a roster leader.

C. The continuing questions surrounding him in Buffalo have obviously followed him to Vegas.

As a Sabres faithful I feel not 1 way or the other on Eichel. He wasn't the answer for our Sabres, he most likely won't be the answer for the Knights....

What I will say is this.... thank you kindly Jack for the trade return viddles.....

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

To be fair, Eichel has only played 38 games. That said, Thompson, Dahlin, Tuch, and Skinner are all over a point a game and Cozens is tied with Eichel at .89 a game. 

Cozens is literally breaking in two rookies that get sheltered, so Cozens jumps on other lines to get more ice.  Plus he plays PP and PK.  Cozens will be a ppg player when he plays in more optimal conditions.   But this is helping him grow.  

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Cozens is literally breaking in two rookies that get sheltered, so Cozens jumps on other lines to get more ice.  Plus he plays PP and PK.  Cozens will be a ppg player when he plays in more optimal conditions.   But this is helping him grow.  

Did you somehow take my post to be a criticism of Cozens? 

26 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Also, no offense to professional hockey players, but I am not terribly interested in what books they’re reading.

Ryan Miller is reading Camus, and the rest of the guys are heavily invested in a drama involving a Big Red Dog.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Did you somehow take my post to be a criticism of Cozens? 

I think you could argue for Tuch or Dahlin, but, I think your post-Okposo Sabre captain will be Cozens.  He's a leader, a score and will be even more dominant when he finishes growing into his body - i think he gains 15 more pounds of muscle in the next couple of years

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

I think you could argue for Tuch or Dahlin, but, I think your post-Okposo Sabre captain will be Cozens.  He's a leader, a score and will be even more dominant when he finishes growing into his body - i think he gains 15 more pounds of muscle in the next couple of years

Everything he does on the ice, everything,  screams “leader by example.”

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I suppose it is, but it also speaks to just how good Stone is in comparison. Stone's more of a leader and he elevates the players around him more. Eichel's just not that guy. 

Well if that's the case it begs the question why VGK traded for Eichel and his contract in the first place? If I recall, at the time Jack was thought of as a franchise-transformative player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.