Eichel thrown under the bus by Vegas HC Bruce Cassidy

matter2003

Reading this piece, Cassidy also dumping on his goalie. Jack, typically, doesn't shoulder the blame and admit he has to be better, he prefers to spread the blame around a little. What a leader! 🙂

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/he-needs-to-be-one-of-the-drivers-golden-knights-cassidy-calls-out-eichels-play/

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Reading this piece, Cassidy also dumping on his goalie. Jack, typically, doesn't shoulder the blame and admit he has to be better, he prefers to spread the blame around a little. What a leader! 🙂

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/he-needs-to-be-one-of-the-drivers-golden-knights-cassidy-calls-out-eichels-play/

I wish Eichel would have responded by screaming “Fake News” at the reporters then storming out😀

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

How's the Eichel v. Tuch thing going?

If the trade proposal would have simply been Eichel for Tuch, no GM in the league would have taken Tuch, including the Sabre GM. When all the calculations are done Vegas got what they wanted, and the Sabres got what they wanted. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the trade proposal would have simply been Eichel for Tuch, no GM in the league would have taken Tuch, including the Sabre GM. When all the calculations are done Vegas got what they wanted, and the Sabres got what they wanted. 

Who do you think is the better player right now, Tuch or Eichel? The better asset moving forward?

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How's the Eichel v. Tuch thing going?

Just think a couple years ago telling this board that the Sabres would be trading Eichel and it would be fine because Tage would turn into a more productive 1C for the team.😀

The Eichel Trade will be an absolute home run for the Sabres when it is all said and done. Tuch is everything we could have ever asked for. Krebs is developing into a heart and soul energy centre with skill. Östlund is a real cerebral 200 foot player who will either play for the Sabres or can be used as a valuable trade chip. And we will find out what the 2nd rounder turns into this summer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Better player.  Eichel.  

Better asset?  Eichel

Better player for the Buffalo Sabres organization?  Tuch

Tuch is the better player right now.  Not as talented, but Eichel has been demoted by LV’s coach to a lower line do to his mediocre play of late.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Who do you think is the better player right now, Tuch or Eichel? The better asset moving forward?

This is a tricky question. From a talent standpoint I would still take Eichel if it is a one on one deal. However, from a situational standpoint each player benefits from being where they are now. Now if you change the question to include Krebs, Tuch, a first round pick and additional cap space, then from Buffalo's perspective I would say Buffalo. But that doesn't mean from Vegas's perspective that they are unhappy with the deal. I have said before that this trade benefited Eichel and it benefited the Sabres. Each team makes their own calculation. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Better player.  Eichel.  

Better asset?  Eichel

Better player for the Buffalo Sabres organization?  Tuch

Better talent: Eichel

Better player right now: I've seen Eichel hit higher highs, but I think Tuch is pretty clearly having a better season and consistency matters.

Better asset: Tuch rather easily, considering Eichel's run of health issues and the intangibles of each, but most importantly Tuch's cap hit of less than half Eichel's

Better player for the Buffalo Sabres organization?  Tuch in a landslide

Not posting this because of any ill will toward Eichel. I always expected to lose any Eichel trade. The gains would be fresh air and cap space, with the hope one of the 'futures' might surprise and make up for the talent gap.

But Eichel continues to fall short of what he could be and Tuch has been an on-ice revelation.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Tuch is the better player right now.  Not as talented, but Eichel has been demoted by LV’s coach to a lower line do to his mediocre play of late.

"Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard." - Stetson Bennett

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I feel like I started something unintentionally. I just was curious about the split stats between them and didn't have time to look. 

I'm glad you did.

The "bash Eichel to make us feel better" pile-on is something I've tried to avoid, but the idea that Tuch objectively might be a better player right now is interesting to me.

it's not piling on Eichel to admit that he is 8 years into his career and for one reason or another has never fully realized what he could be save for that glorious 60-game run in 2019-20.

To your question, Eichel has 34 points in 36 games, Tuch 54 in 48.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I'm glad you did.

The "bash Eichel to make us feel better" pile onis something I've tried to avoid, but the idea that Tuch has objectively might be a better player right now is interesting to me.

it's not piling on Eichel to admit that he is 8 years into his career and for one reason or another has never fully realized what he could be save for that glorious 60-game run in 2019-20.

To your question, Eichel has 34 points in 36 games, Tuch 54 in 48.

Im also curious as to where the Eichel that plays against Toronto, Boston, Buffalo and a couple others is other nights. He’s an elite player when he plays 200ft and uses his size and speed to generate offense. But as we’ve seen and has been seen in Vegas he seems to never fully commit to playing 100% every game.

Tuch will occasionally have an off day but 9 out of 10 games he’ll at least give you 110% effort and use his lesser skill and far more effectiveness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.