Eichel thrown under the bus by Vegas HC Bruce Cassidy

matter2003

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t think we did in Buffalo.  There wasn’t a coach here who dared cross him.

Not from coaches, but certainly in the media. I seem to remember articles about him not being fully engaged.  I could be wrong.  I certainly remember the articles about the fractured locker-room.  

The post Jack era certainly seems to be a team all pulling in the same direction.

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not from coaches, but certainly in the media. I seem to remember articles about him not being fully engaged.  I could be wrong.  I certainly remember the articles about the fractured locker-room.  

The post Jack era certainly seems to be a team all pulling in the same direction.

Adams certainly didn't feel Eichel was fully engaged. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I wonder why we still talk about Eichel, we want to see a guy fail that bad because he left Buffalo? Very strange. 

Because this is a sports forum and he is of interest to ppl posting here. If you don't want to talk about him, don't. It is really that simple. 

12 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I don't care about Jack nor Vegas...I love Tuch and Krebs will be next to really improve his game. All is good in Sabreland!

same thing, then ignore the Eichel threads. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo was a terrible situation that sucked the will from any good player. I'm sure there's an entirely different reason why Jack is underperforming in Vegas.

Maybe he is just having an off week

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Because this is a sports forum and he is of interest to ppl posting here. If you don't want to talk about him, don't. It is really that simple. 

same thing, then ignore the Eichel threads. 

Maybe he is just having an off week

Well like you said this is a sports forum so I'm sharing my thoughts here, if you don't like them, don't respond. 

11 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Well like you said this is a sports forum so I'm sharing my thoughts here, if you don't like them, don't respond. 

There's lots of threads I don't find interesting or honestly dumb, I don't typically go in and say I think this thread is useless and why are we doing this. Anyways to each their own.

I think it is hilarious honestly that Eichel isn't better than Tuch. What a wonderful trade Adams has made. The mid-season Eichel fade never misses. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, LGR4GM said:

There's lots of threads I don't find interesting or honestly dumb, I don't typically go in and say I think this thread is useless and why are we doing this. Anyways to each their own.

I think it is hilarious honestly that Eichel isn't better than Tuch. What a wonderful trade Adams has made. The mid-season Eichel fade never misses. 

I don't recall saying it was dumb or useless, I can question something and still find it interesting at the same time.

That's pretty much why i asked since we got Tuch, Krebs and Östlund in the deal which has worked out really well imo.-

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have mentioned before that if the deal was Eichel for Tuch straight up then the Sabres did really well. Add in Krebs, Östlund and this year’s 2nd and it was a very good deal under the circumstances. To think Adams pulled it off with Eichel having a damaged neck and moving his entire salary and it was Adams first move as a new GM was quite impressive.

Tuch is everything this team needed. A 25 year old 6’4 220 pound power forward with blazing speed who is over a PPG and has helped to transform Tage into a number 1 centre. All while being the hometown kid who has helped to transform the entire culture of the team.

• Like (+1) 8

It's still important to follow Eichel and Vegas because the Sabres still have the 2023 2nd round pick. The worse Vegas does, the more options Sabres have to choose from in the draft.

5 minutes ago, Quint said:

Eichel and Vesey, two peas in an over-hyped USA hockey pod.

Balanced by the under-hyped Samuelsson and Tager.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's still important to follow Eichel and Vegas because the Sabres still have the 2023 2nd round pick. The worse Vegas does, the more options Sabres have to choose from in the draft.

Balanced by the under-hyped Samuelsson and Tager.

Vegas gets the Sabres 3rd rounder this year. The ether the Sabres do, the worse that pick is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly who cares anymore 

I dont want this Fanbase talking any smack till we Actually make the playoffs.

Hey, I saw "That 90's Show" last night.  You are still getting all the funny lines.  Red is still a classic.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly, If you don't care about the thread, you are free not to go into it and comment.

The "who cares" or "nobody cares" comments are funny to me. Obviously, a lot of people care because they follow and comment on the threads.  Just because you don't want to talk about a topic, no need to 'shame' anyone else for doing it.  And as others have said, he was a former Sabre, judging the trade kinda REQUIRES following how the player you traded does in comparison to what you got, how he left town..etc. There are a LOT of reasons why people care.

As far as Jack himself, I still have the same opinion I have had for the last year or so:

-Don't think he is an all-out-to-the-wall effort guy.  He MAY show flashes of that, but that simply is not who he is all the time.

-In terms of his production, he's simply not a top 10 player in the league.  The BEST years he ever had, he was close to 10th in the league in production, his BEST years.  Most years, his career, this year, his entire time in vegas....look at it anyway you want and even in terms of production he is a 20th-30th best forward in terms of production. He's not top 5, hes not top 10.  

So for Jack, you will be fine if you view him like a 1b or a 2a player. Phil Kessel type.  View him as the 3rd best player on your team and you will be fine.   If you want him to carry your team offensively, or set an example in terms of effort for the rest of your team, than that is your problem as a coach. He has show us for years that isn't who he is.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.