NHL All-Star teams Finalized

matter2003

With the fan vote players getting 12 players added, 3 from each division.

Auston Matthews 

David Pastrnak 

Andrei Vasilevsky 

From our division.

Does that mean Dahlin is not going to the All-Star game? If so, what a f**king joke. Why even bother having it? Dude has been lights out since day 1 of the season and is far more deserving than half the players there.

Edited by matter2003
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

With the fan vote players getting 12 players added, 3 from each division.

Auston Matthews 

David Pastrnak 

Andrei Vasilevsky 

From our division.

Does that mean Dahlin is not going to the All-Star game? If so, what a f**king joke. Why even bother having it? Dude has been lights out since day 1 of the season and is far more deserving than half the players there.

It’s not that big a deal to me from a Sabres perspective. It’s no slight on him and he gets the rest. 

But looking at it objectively, the only point of having a all star game at all is to market the highest skill your league has to offer. Any format that excludes Dahlin has an internal fundamental flaw that needs addressing because he’s not just “very good”, he’s got the flashiest of skill 

the league is legitimately shooting itself in the foot. Such a dumb league 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s not that big a deal to me from a Sabres perspective. It’s no slight on him and he gets the rest. 

But looking at it objectively, the only point of having a all star game at all is to market the highest skill your league has to offer. Any format that excludes Dahlin has an internal fundamental flaw that needs addressing because he’s not just “very good”, he’s got the flashiest of skill 

the league is legitimately shooting itself in the foot. Such a dumb league 

Remember when Miller was left off the 2006 USA Olympic team?  Maybe Dahlin goes on a similar run.

• Like (+1) 1

The All-Star game is a complete joke.

Go back to 5-on-5, East v West.   Winner gets home ice advantage in the Cup Final. 

Let the fans vote for 5 players + 1 goalie each side, the remaining players selected by the press.

Make the game no-check; let them wheel around like beer league.   

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Go back to 5-on-5, East v West.   Winner gets home ice advantage in the Cup Final. 

Let the fans vote for 5 players + 1 goalie each side, the remaining players selected by the press.

You want home ice for the championship final to be decided by a glorified wheel-and-deal beer league game? Is this some sort of sick projection of your desire to somehow attribute meaning to your own beer league games? 

• Haha (+1) 1

If the All-Star game were about the best talent or the best anything they wouldn't include a player from every team.

Because they do.. it's already meaningless.

Brock Nelson?
Kevin Hayes?
Clayton Keller?
Troy Terry?
Seth Jones?

In the Atlantic there's no way Dahlin should not have been in over either Larkin or Suzuki.

The NHL needs to change the format. There are what 8 teams in each division? Make it 16 players for each team and have it something like 12 forwards 4 defenders and 2 goalies. Make the tournament 4v4 and you have 3 forwards and 1 defender for each line and a goalie to switch halfway. Winner team gets some prize. You have have the fans select that last 3 (2 forwards and 1 defender) otherwise we will just get 12 forwards or 11 forwards and 1 defender every year which sucks. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

You want home ice for the championship final to be decided by a glorified wheel-and-deal beer league game? Is this some sort of sick projection of your desire to somehow attribute meaning to your own beer league games? 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Those most impressionable by skill? 

What is the point of the All Star Game? To promote the game and sell tickets. Dahlin’s case is even stronger after we remove our Sabres bias 

Seeing how this is basically disney's show i doubt they care .

The all star game is just a circus for kids

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Maybe they do Flag hockey?

• Haha (+1) 1

I enjoy watching the skills competition, always like the fastest skater competition and the hardest slapshot where they hit the targets in each corner of the net but as far as the actual All star game I'm not sure the last time I've watched it, when was Pavel Bure last in the league? I think that was the last time.

9 hours ago, tom webster said:

I would say who cares, but obviously some do. 
Personally, I don’t know if I’ve watched any all star games in any sport since the 70’s.

Normally don't care much, but considering ended w/ tix for this year's festivities fulfilling a bucket list item dating back to '78, am REALLY ticked that Dahlin isn't there.

Will be fun watching Thompson & the rest, but really fail to see how Dahlin didn't also earn a trip.  Had they used last season's selection format pretty sure they both were near locks.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know why when Matt Beniers became an injury scratch for the ASG, he got replaced by Stephenson of Vegas?  The Krackers ended up the only team w/out an AS rep.

Also, on a slightly different note, the Sabres Store does have a few Thompson ASG sweaters for sale.  They don't have any Dahlins because with him being a late add, Adidas and Fanatics didn't put together any Dahlin kits.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.