Miller praises Regier as a visionary, especially with working with budget restraints

Jerry Jabber

Ryan starts talking about Darcy Regier at the 14:15 mark and described Darcy as a visionary with how he was able to build the Sabres with the budget restraints he had. I like that Ryan said that, as I felt it was an indirect jab at Golisano/Quinn. It’s too bad the Sabres didn’t have owners that were on a budget crunch during the 2005-07 period. Still baffles my mind we had two of the best goalies in the NHL between Hasek and Miller for about a twenty year period and no Stanley Cups to show for.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Ryan starts talking about Darcy Regier at the 14:15 mark and described Darcy as a visionary with how he was able to build the Sabres with the budget restraints he had. I like that Ryan said that, as I felt it was an indirect jab at Golisano/Quinn. It’s too bad the Sabres didn’t have owners that were on a budget crunch during the 2005-07 period. Still baffles my mind we had two of the best goalies in the NHL between Hasek and Miller for about a twenty year period and no Stanley Cups to show for.

Welcome back!

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

During his induction speech, Miller directly thanked golisano for saving the team and also thanked Larry Quinn by name. So I don’t know how jabby he was actually getting. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/20/2023 at 10:24 AM, sabills said:

Golisano got a cheer, Larry Quinn...not so much lol

People forget how much of a visionary Larry Quinn was.  The push to enforce the rules coming out of The Lockout came from him.  The Winter Classic came out of his head.  He lobbied for nets behind the goals for safety reasons coming out of the 1994 lockout.  He was the one who convinced Golisano to save the Sabres.  And there was more.  So a lot of what people like about the NHL now originated with him.

Edited by Marvin
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.