GDT: Sabres vs (Fish Stick) Islanders, 1/19/23, 7pm, ESPN+ and MSG. Ryan Miller ceremony 6pm

PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The way they set up the all star game, defenders are going to be left out a lot.

It’s just funny cause he might be the BEST defender in said league, and he’s probably the best player on our team, too. 

oh well. He’ll make the first or second team “all stars” at the end of the year or whatever they are called. Which I guess mean more. They still do those, right? 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s just funny cause he might be the BEST defender in said league, and he’s probably the best player on our team, too. 

oh well. He’ll make the first or second team “all stars” at the end of the year or whatever they are called. Which I guess mean more. They still do those, right? 

I’m kinda glad.  Think he could use the rest l

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

That was fun.   
it’s amazing how their home record correlates almost perfectly with a big crowd 

no more Monday night home games !

Funny, that 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Event game - I expect a dub

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I hate to say this cause he is many posters favorite whipping boy, but Middlestadt is starting to turn into a pretty decent player. 

Anyone who is saying otherwise simply is refusing to believe reality.

Already at a career high in points, on pace for 50 this year.

He’s been markedly better as of late.  I think having Jost carry the mail for that line has allowed Casey to play smart simple hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yes, he is the best in the league this season. 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dahlin’s pass was reminiscent of Karlsson’s Hail Mary that still gets airtime on highlight shows.

I was about to say Karlsson’s was better, as great as Dahlin’s was, and it does seem to go a bit higher, but it’s closer than I thought. Karlsson’s is almost a full 2 zones, Dahlin is a little further up. But Dahlin also fires his off his back foot. 

Which ups the degree is difficulty for sure 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s been markedly better as of late.  I think having Jost carry the mail for that line has allowed Casey to play smart simple hockey. 

He's even broken up a few passes on a hard backcheck...it's like he is wanting to actually be a good two way player all of a sudden and working hard at it.

Jost has been an amazing Waiver pickup for the Sabres. He really has solidified that line.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was about to say Karlsson’s was better, as great as Dahlin’s was, and it does seem to go a bit higher, but it’s closer than I thought. Karlsson’s is almost a full 2 zones, Dahlin is a little further up. But Dahlin also fires his off his back foot. 

Which ups the degree is difficulty for sure 

Remember, this is from a player not worthy to be at the All-Star game tho. That pisses me the f**k off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.