GDT: Sabres vs (Fish Stick) Islanders, 1/19/23, 7pm, ESPN+ and MSG. Ryan Miller ceremony 6pm

PromoTheRobot

A big difference ..... Thais year Raz started pushing back/refusing to be denied! ... I think that's huge. ..  Also.. Power is starting to show and it/maturation should come more quickly to Power as he doesn't need to learn a new culture....... Oh man ..... the future's so bright, gotta wear shades

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s been markedly better as of late.  I think having Jost carry the mail for that line has allowed Casey to play smart simple hockey. 

Jost has solidified that line. And as you aptly described made that line play a simpler game. After the extraordinary Dahlin pass in OT, I thought the Mitt's pass to Olofsson for a score was the second-best pass in the game. 

Jost was a terrific pickup. The cost was zero. Good GM move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Shoulda won in regulation, had plenty of opportunities.    

Could be an important point against a team ahead of them in the standings.   

Do better.

Did you see the look on Sorokin's face after Cozens scored?  That's the look of a man who gave absolutely everything he had to win, and still lost.  Pure disbelief.  He was great.  And the Sabres still won.  The Sabres were terrific, Sorokin was *almost* better.  There is no "do better" tonight, my man.

41 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

My cat was NOT happy on that OT goal

scared cat GIF

Cats suck.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Did you see the look on Sorokin's face after Cozens scored?  That's the look of a man who gave absolutely everything he had to win, and still lost.  Pure disbelief.  He was great.  And the Sabres still won.  The Sabres were terrific, Sorokin was *almost* better.  There is no "do better" tonight, my man.

Cats suck.

I think Sorokin was looking to see if it was offsides. It was close

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Cats suck.

If you can’t figure out what THIS giant red X is for, I suggest you take a look at my Twitter at the amount of photos I have of a certain special little guy 

Now I know that @Thorny not only thinks I was trying to mute him (wasn't) but also that he likes cats.  Just weird, man.

Just now, Thorny said:

If you can’t figure out what THIS giant red X is for, I suggest you take a look at my Twitter at the amount of photos I have of a certain special little guy 

The only good cats in history are Aslan and @LGR4GM

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Soy is ruining the game.

Estrogen is a helluva drug.

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Ugh., bettman puke GIF

I had the sound turned down for the interview so I wouldn't wretch.  To see him talking but not hearing anything... is like watching a bobblehead.

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

I hate the prepared questions 

I hate prepared answers even more.

1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

As great as it was, I honestly might be more impressed by Cozens ability to collect and settle it moving at high speed. Great all-around play.

Skill. Hands.  Hockey smarts.  Size.  Cozens is going to a really good player.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.