GDT: Sabres vs (Fish Stick) Islanders, 1/19/23, 7pm, ESPN+ and MSG. Ryan Miller ceremony 6pm

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Gonna show clips of every "miller" shutout in his career.

Is this supposed to be funny?

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

What In the world are they going to do from 6pm-7:30?

It feels weird. Like are they having the ceremony, then player warmups, then the 20 minute break then the game?  Ooof. 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Coming into the GDT, in which the Sabres are celebrating one of their own, only to piss all over him is certainly a choice.  Not a very enlightened one, that’s for sure. 

Yes, judging by Miller's behavior while a member of the Sabres, these comments might make him cry 

Just now, pi2000 said:

Does Ryan Miller deserve his own special night?

Great dude, average goalie IMO.

I wouldn’t have retired the dude’s number, if you are going to retire any number at all, for me you do that if you can’t reasonably see someone surpassing their accomplishments, so why bother giving them a shot at living up to the number. Hello Hasek. 

But he was a very good goalie, one of the best we’ve ever add, he’s deserving of a special night for sure. 

I can only assume your “average” lingo is hyperbolic, there isn’t really a reading of the stats that gets to that conclusion 

As for the eye test, he was a fundament piece during the 2 seasons that make the rest of this dearth worth living through 

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I wouldn’t have retired the dude’s number, if you are going to retire any number at all, for me you do that if you can’t reasonably see someone surpassing their accomplishments, so why bother giving them a shot at living up to the number. Hello Hasek. 

But he was a very good goalie, one of the best we’ve ever add, he’s deserving of a special night for sure. 

I can only assume your “average” lingo is hyperbolic, there isn’t really a reading of the stats that gets to that conclusion 

As for the eye test, he was a fundament piece during the 2 seasons that make the rest of this dearth worth living through 

They're retiring his number?!   Wow, OK.    

He had 2 very good seasons with Buffalo.   Went 15W-22L his final season with the Sabres.  Played half of his career elsewhere.

Never made it to the Cup Finals.    Won a single Vezina Trophy.

That's quite the low bar to have your number retired.   I don't get it.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He had 2 very good seasons with Buffalo.   Went 15W-22L his final season with the Sabres.  Played half of his career elsewhere.

This is the same franchise that retired 16 and 18.  You should be used to the low bar.

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Relative to the standard set by looking at what numbers have been retired around the NHL, it is a bar he clears with ease.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is the same franchise that retired 16 and 18.  You should be used to the low bar.

The Sabres are hardly unusual.

https://hockeyquestion.com/what-hockey-numbers-are-retired-nhl/#St_Louis_Blues_Retired_Numbers

This discussion should not be in this thread.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Sabres will be criticized for the response, no matter what it is.

It was a decade ago people, and has nothing to do with the success or lack thereof of the current team, no matter how much you want it to.

The Miller hit lives rent free in the heads of everyone who wants a line brawl and pines for us to draft tall ppl.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Not on tv so no game for me. 

I’ll be following along in thread for balanced and unbiased coverage

If we win you'll hear about how great the team is. Fast, young, sky's the limit. 

If we lose you'll hear about how we're figure skaters who are not mean enough. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If we win you'll hear about how great the team is. Fast, young, sky's the limit. 

If we lose you'll hear about how we're figure skaters who are not mean enough. 

I thought BRAWNDO was the “spoiler alert” guy. Thanks a lot chief 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.