Hinostroza on waivers and CLEARS 1/19/2023

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Hinostroza on waivers 1/18/2023

Have to think this was an ask by Vinnie instead of being in the press box most games. Or the NHL quietly put pressure on the Sabres for skirting the rules with all the loans (I have no proof of that, of course).

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Have to think this was an ask by Vinnie instead of being in the press box most games. Or the NHL quietly put pressure on the Sabres for skirting the rules with all the loans (I have no proof of that, of course).

The NHL isn’t going to say boo about this any more then they say anything about the use of LTIR.

The NHLPA, however, may have an issue considering the effect on the player’s salaries.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The NHL isn’t going to say boo about this any more then they say anything about the use of LTIR.

The NHLPA, however, may have an issue considering the effect on the player’s salaries.

NHLPA isn't going to say boo because this really won't effect the total salary in the NHL.  He makes $1.7MM.  Roughly $1MM would still count against the cap if he clears & UPL only makes ~$750k.

Besides the PA seems to care more about the handful of stars rather than the hundreds of journeymen.

Good for Adams finally biting this bullet.  Hope he clears, but doubt he does.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

NHLPA isn't going to say boo because this really won't effect the total salary in the NHL.  He makes $1.7MM.  Roughly $1MM would still count against the cap if he clears & UPL only makes ~$750k.

Besides the PA seems to care more about the handful of stars rather than the hundreds of journeymen.

Good for Adams finally biting this bullet.  Hope he clears, but doubt he does.

My point was how the paper transactions costs Krebs, Quinn and UPL, not Vinny.

• Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Weave said:

I bet someone picks up Vinnie, and I bet he proves his play valuable to that team.

Sucks for us, but Vinnie should be playing.

Vinnie is an NHL hockey player and good teammate.

He is not one of the Sabres 12 best forwards, at least he hasn't been this year.

For selfish reasons, I hope he clears; he's good depth. For him, I hope he finds a place to play.

But he's not as good right now as Krebs, Quinn or Peterka (or, for that matter, Girgensons, Mittelstadt or Olofsson) and should not be playing ahead of them.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, tom webster said:

My point was how the paper transactions costs Krebs, Quinn and UPL, not Vinny.

And mine was towards how w/ the players receiving a set percentage of the total HRR, the bigger (or smaller) the entire cumulative leaguewide salary is, the bigger (or smaller) the denominator being used with an individual player's salary is the smaller (or bigger) each players' actual take home pay is.

With the players & contracts involved, it will have almost no effect on any player not actively involved in these gymnastics.  

But, yes, for the 4 guys in the yo yo derby, it has a big effect on take home pay.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Vinnie is an NHL hockey player and good teammate.

He is not one of the Sabres 12 best forwards, at least he hasn't been this year.

For selfish reasons, I hope he clears; he's good depth. For him, I hope he finds a place to play.

But he's not as good right now as Krebs, Quinn or Peterka (or, for that matter, Girgensons, Mittelstadt or Olofsson) and should not be playing ahead of them.

Best player we’ve waivered in years. In that, he’s actually an NHL player 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

He and Asplund were insurance against injuries and problems that Peterka and Quinn might have had.  Without either of those happening, I guess this was inevitable.  Good luck to him.

He was squeezed out.  He was insurance as you say, but I believe that management has seen enough from guys like Rousek, Biro, Murray etc  down in Rochester to think that they would be just as effective if called up.  

• Like (+1) 1

He's definitely getting picked up.    I'll guess Florida, Arizona, Chicago, Winnipeg, NYI, NYR, Caps, Kings, Stars, Hurricanes, Kraken, Wild, Toronto, Tampa, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Ducks, Avalanche, Calgary, Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Philly or Edmonton.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's definitely getting picked up.    I'll guess Florida, Arizona, Chicago, Winnipeg, NYI, NYR, Caps, Kings, Stars, Hurricanes, Kraken, Wild, Toronto, Tampa, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Ducks, Avalanche, Calgary, Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Philly or Edmonton.

That would be great. Maybe they’ll have to cut a D we could use.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.