GDT: Sabres @ Blackhawks, 1/17/23, 8:30 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

PromoTheRobot

This team is infuriating.

Can anyone make sense of the defensive strategy when the Hawks pulled the goalie? Literally standing still as the Hawks throw the puck around. Can they stop pretending that Tage’s line can defend at all in key situations.

That is an inexcusable loss.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We played on the perimeter, made lots of passes, had no traffic in front of their net.  We looked fancy and scored 3  

They had far less talent, far less shots, less possession and very little speed. They went to the dirty areas and scored 4 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Pimlach said:

We played on the perimeter, made lots of passes, had no traffic in front of their net.  We looked fancy and scored 3  

They had far less talent, far less shots, less possession and very little speed. They went to the dirty areas and scored 4 

A college team can probably score 4 on this team. 

What a ridiculously bad hockey game. Terrible hockey on both sides. Them I get, but the Sabres? They quit on the season too? The worst low event boring hockey game I've seen this year. 

So sick of listening to Rob Ray apologizing for the Sabres. "A lot of good things in this game" name ONE. 

Dan gave me one chuckle though. "vintage Quinn" lol, like you can have "vintage" from a rookie. Too funny. 

This was Eichel era bad hockey. Complete waste of time. 

• Agree 4

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I want to like you guys. I really do. You cannot pull crap like that and expect me to fully buy in. This begins a long slide back to mediocrity. Do I fully expect that to happen? I sure as hell hope not, but no clue

• Agree 1

Gallant effort, my ass… No OT plan… Danced  around… Passing… No attack… No shots… Granato owns this… Watched DG standing behind the bench waiting for the OT to start… No huddle with players… Pathetic situational coaching

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Anderson did not look good tonight 

why in the world is he playing?  .846 save % doesn't cut it.  I get it, great locker room presence...blah blah.  Carrying 3 goalies cost you a serviceable Dman in Fitzgerald, RHD in that which we have none of on this team.  Why didn't we send him to Rochester in a paper move and if anyone claimed him (nobody would) he could have retired.  GMKA misplayed this badly

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Still 5 points out with the Pens Caps Isles all very meh right now to.  

Probably needed one more lull before a run in the 2nd half.  They aren’t good enough to play at a 110 point pace.  

But 95 might squeak in.  

Good post.  The Sabres are not out of it yet.  They’re bound to get hot again.  When they were winning it wasn’t a fluke.  When this team is clicking they can beat anyone.  I still have high hopes for this season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.