GDT: Sabres @ Blackhawks, 1/17/23, 8:30 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

This has been in many of the GDT tittles.  ESPN+ does not mean a National TV game on EPSN.   

It means you can stream it live if you pay for the EPSN+ App, and you will get a choice of the Sabres broadcast on MSG, or the Black Hawks broadcast. 

Since I have ESPN+ I find it useful.  

I am with others, if I see ESPN+ it means it isn't on MSG. Whereas if you see MSG you know it is on ESPN+. So is this game on MSG or ESPN+? 

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're right. ESPN+ for all but TNT or NHL Network national games.

All games listed as MSG are on ESPN+ though, but not all ESPN+ games are on MSG. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I am with others, if I see ESPN+ it means it isn't on MSG. Whereas if you see MSG you know it is on ESPN+. So is this game on MSG or ESPN+? 

All games listed as MSG are on ESPN+ though, but not all ESPN+ games are on MSG. 

If you do live in a place where the Sabres are blacked out on ESPN+, I assume you can sign up for MSG Go?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

If you do live in a place where the Sabres are blacked out on ESPN+, I assume you can sign up for MSG Go?

You can only have MSGGo if you have a subscription to a cable / linear TV streaming service that carries MSG. (Linear TV streaming is like Fubo, Hulu Live, YouTubeTV, DirecTV Stream, etc.)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It seems confusing but the whole point is to force you to subscribe to the local sports channel, unless you live out of market. When the Bruins play the Sabres, I can't watch because YouTube TV doesn't carry NESN.

Just like YouTubeTV does not carry MSG.  Only DirecTV Stream and Fubo have MSG. It would be nice if more linear TV services added a "regional sports" package that allowed people to get their regional sports network.

All in all the rules surrounding all broadcast TV need massive revision, but it's not likely to happen. I could go on.. but this thread should be about how the Sabres need to destroy the Hawks tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

Just like YouTubeTV does not carry MSG.  Only DirecTV Stream and Fubo have MSG. It would be nice if more linear TV services added a "regional sports" package that allowed people to get their regional sports network.

All in all the rules surrounding all broadcast TV need massive revision, but it's not likely to happen. I could go on.. but this thread should be about how the Sabres need to destroy the Hawks tonight.

You'd think MSG would allow folks who can't get the network an option to use the app for a fee. But I'm sure there's a good reason not to I'm not aware of.

59 minutes ago, LTS said:

You could all move over to EU-Land. All games live on viaplay 😀

Edited by steveoath

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm back to, Meh. 

I guess the whole season wasn't about making the playoff, and it was fine when that was the expectation. Once we got "good" it changed the perception around these parts and then we started laying eggs. 

Playoffs are a mere afterthought right now, but also my interest has decreased a little again. I don't know if the team is aware, but their rope is mega short after having an all time terrible decade. 

Dalek GIF by Doctor Who

This IS NOT the Sabres of last 10 ish years.

Take the opportunity……

Omari Hardwick Family GIF by Power

I will also say that Thompson has not looked very good. I know that teams are actively taking him away (as they should) but his stick handling and puck protection have not had that same pizzaz as earlier in the season. He's looking a bit uncoordinated again. Could be fatigue, a poor streak, etc, but if he doesn't get back on track then we are in trouble. 

10 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I will also say that Thompson has not looked very good. I know that teams are actively taking him away (as they should) but his stick handling and puck protection have not had that same pizzaz as earlier in the season. He's looking a bit uncoordinated again. Could be fatigue, a poor streak, etc, but if he doesn't get back on track then we are in trouble. 

Yeah, he needs to simplify his game. Pass the puck, let Skinner or Tuch draw attention while he gets into shooting position and fire away.

Too many toe drags.

46 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just landed at Midway. Gonna get dinner before the game. Any suggestions?

Tons of them, but none that are going to work for you if you're at midway and trying to get to the game on time.  Next time in Chi--fly in the morning so you have time to eat well, and eat WELL you will.

Edited by Eleven

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Must win

Every game at this point kinda is at this point. The Sabres only have around 13 losses[0] left this season if they want to be a solid place for the playoffs.

[0] 40 games remaining, at 44 points, need 54 more points to be "safe", 27 wins, 13 losses. I'm not counting OTL/SO here.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.