GDT: Sabres @ Blackhawks, 1/17/23, 8:30 pm, ESPN+ and MSG

PromoTheRobot

I'm back to, Meh. 

I guess the whole season wasn't about making the playoff, and it was fine when that was the expectation. Once we got "good" it changed the perception around these parts and then we started laying eggs. 

Playoffs are a mere afterthought right now, but also my interest has decreased a little again. I don't know if the team is aware, but their rope is mega short after having an all time terrible decade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The ESPN+ in the subject line is a little confusing. I think all games are streamed, but this is not an exclusive ESPN game.

I was mad then I wasn't.

Maybe take it out?

This has been in many of the GDT tittles.  ESPN+ does not mean a National TV game on EPSN.   

It means you can stream it live if you pay for the EPSN+ App, and you will get a choice of the Sabres broadcast on MSG, or the Black Hawks broadcast. 

Since I have ESPN+ I find it useful.  

29 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm back to, Meh. 

I guess the whole season wasn't about making the playoff, and it was fine when that was the expectation. Once we got "good" it changed the perception around these parts and then we started laying eggs. 

Playoffs are a mere afterthought right now, but also my interest has decreased a little again. I don't know if the team is aware, but their rope is mega short after having an all time terrible decade. 

This X 1000.  The good will they have banked the last calendar year is very tenuous.  We’ve been down this Charlie Brown, Lucy path before only to get the ball taken away EVERY SINGLE TIME!  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm back to, Meh. 

This blows my mind that they can start a season without the playoffs as a goal.  I sure hope that is not true.  

After yesterday, I really don't care to see the Hawks tonight either.   I will watch it and they better win.  No excuses.  

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This has been in many of the GDT tittles.  ESPN+ does not mean a National TV game on EPSN.   

It means you can stream it live if you pay for the EPSN+ App, and you will get a choice of the Sabres broadcast on MSG, or the Black Hawks broadcast. 

But sometimes it does.

Every game is on ESPN+. Not every game is on MSG.

I guess I'm old and confused.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Section 304 = upper level behind the faceoff dot on the main camera right end of the rink.

We'll be sure to see you  😉

I have similar seats for the Stars game actually, except I'm at the back of the lower bowl.

Last game I went to, got a great view directly from behind Tage when he scored a goal.  Could see the puck zip right in.

Please God beat the friggin' Blackhawks. Go on a prolonged run and be in this thing until the end. I want meaningful games in March and April. You guys can do this. At least I think you can do this. I'm fairly certain you can do this. There is a chance you can do this.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

But sometimes it does.

Not every game is on ESPN+.  Most of them, yes.  But not all.  I believe it is the TNT games that aren't on ESPN+?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That said, if you have ESPN+ but live in New York... or at least some parts of it.. whatever the blackout regions are.. you cannot watch on ESPN.. not even the Blackhawks broadcast.

There are ESPN+ only games, there are ESPN only games, and then there is the ESPN+ games that are the evolution from the NHL.tv package that used to exist.

Since I live in Rochester, ESPN+ is useless to me for the Sabres, except when the game is an ESPN/ESPN+ only game.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

But sometimes it does.

You pretty much have it right.  The only addition to that is below.

11 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Not every game is on ESPN+.  Most of them, yes.  But not all.  I believe it is the TNT games that aren't on ESPN+?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong

All nationally televised games do not appear on ESPN+.  Thus TNT games screw over anyone relying on ESPN+ and/or MSG.  For example, me.. who cannot get TNT on Fubo.

But it's all very straight forward.. :eyeroll:

As far as the game goes... they better win this. It's that simple. Anything less than stellar showing is unacceptable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.