GDT Florida @ Buffalo 1pm MSG

Getpucksdeep

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

The start time doesn’t bother me, it’s the fact that many US employers don’t acknowledge today as a holiday.  

Canada doesn’t even have a holiday of any kind in January. February now has Family Day but not in all provinces.

At least you have a day for Martin Luther King, it’s unfortunate employers don’t recognize it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Canada doesn’t even have a holiday of any kind in January. February now has Family Day but not in all provinces.

At least you have a day for Martin Luther King, it’s unfortunate employers don’t recognize it.

Used to be some states (Arizona), didn’t. They do now. It is a Federal Holiday here, so any government/financial institutions closed. Not case w other buy. SMFH 😠

Boo Kitties

Go Swordsmen!

I have to rely on the SS Board Faithful for game updates.

Most of the working world can't watch. Just because its a bank/government  holiday, doesn't mean they should schedule a game during the middle 9f the workday.  Perhaps they thought they could fill the arena with government employees and schoolchildren?

1 minute ago, Jävə Keith said:

Boo Kitties

Go Swordsmen!

I have to rely on the SS Board Faithful for game updates.

Most of the working world can't watch. Just because its a bank/government  holiday, doesn't mean they should schedule a game during the middle 9f the workday.  Perhaps they thought they could fill the arena with government employees and schoolchildren?

Not sure the Sabres are responsible.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not a holiday here in Canada but luckily I picked up a stomach bug last night (wink wink) and had to call in sick   You can’t be too careful these days!!

big game! Go Sabres!

I literally have a stomach bug right now but I'm in the office.  😞

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Incorrect blanket statement.  Some employers do recognize it.   Many employers offer flexible holiday/personal and vacation days and they do not close for Presidents Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, etc.   Many schools do not close for them either, some do.  

The US has 12 Federal Holidays:  New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Inauguration Day (every four years), Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Banks tend to follow the Federal Holidays. 

Private businesses have the freedom to decide. 

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Power still plays like a dumb rookie in his own end sometimes.

fixed

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, inkman said:

The start time doesn’t bother me, it’s the fact that many US employers don’t acknowledge today as a holiday.  

Oh, same here, just explaining why they usually do an early game on MLK Day.  You're not off, but you're not the target audience; kids are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.