Roster Gymnastics 1/15:Krebs recalled and UPL loaned to Rochester

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Roster Gymnastics 1/15:Krebs recalled and UPL loaned to Rochester
36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m surprised they are practicing, they got back from Nashville at 2:30 this AM 

Probably just an excuse to get together and watch some football. 😁

So, short-term it’s going to be:

• If Anderson or Comrie starts, UPL goes to the minors on paper.
  • If UPL starts, 1 of Krebs, Peterka, Quinn goes to the minors on paper, at least 1 of Asplund or Vinnie draws in.
  • UPL will continue to get a majority of the starts.

Basically that will continue until the trade deadline unless UPL loses the crease, a forward gets hurt, or they decide it’s not working and somebody gets moved.

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So one of the waiver-exempt guys will need to be "sent down" again before the game tomorrow, right?  (Unless they want to waive someone like Vinnie.)  And that will most likely be Krebs again, since Quinn and JJP looked pretty good yesterday?

Nope. They are at 23 right now with UPL in “Roch”.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

• If UPL starts, 1 of Krebs, Peterka, Quinn goes to the minors on paper, at least 1 of Asplund or Vinnie draws in.

Basically that will continue until the trade deadline until UPL loses the crease, a forward gets hurt, or the decide it’s not working and somebody gets moved.

Indeed.  I was assuming that UPL would start tomorrow, but it's quite possible that one of the other guys will go.

Just now, nfreeman said:

Indeed.  I was assuming that UPL would start tomorrow, but it's quite possible that one of the other guys will go.

Back to backs.

Recent patterns would point to UPL getting the more important match against the Islanders, and Andy getting the easier opponent, Chicago.

But maybe  Comrie gets the Hawks instead?

Im leaning towards Comrie’s starts being very spotty until something breaks with the status quo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Basically that will continue until the trade deadline until UPL loses the crease, a forward gets hurt, or they decide it’s not working and somebody gets moved.

Interesting. 

Someone in another thread said that the players lose money every time they get "moved down"  - do they?   

Edited by Pimlach

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Interesting. 

Someone in another thread said that the players lose money every time they get "moved down"  - do they?   

Only players on 1 way contracts don't take a pay cut to be sent down.  These skaters are on ELCs, so they absolutely lose money getting sent down.

UPL loses money too, not not as badly as the kids do.  Puckapedia has his AHL deal at $350k, so he loses a bit more than 1/2 his NHL pay each day he's an Amerk.

37 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So one of the waiver-exempt guys will need to be "sent down" again before the game tomorrow, right?  (Unless they want to waive someone like Vinnie.)  And that will most likely be Krebs again, since Quinn and JJP looked pretty good yesterday?

Depends.  If UPL gets the Swamp Cats, then yes.  If Granato is giving that one to Anderson or Comrie, then no.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Only players on 1 way contracts don't take a pay cut to be sent down.  These skaters are on ELCs, so they absolutely lose money getting sent down.

UPL loses money too, not not as badly as the kids do.  Puckapedia has his AHL deal at $350k, so he loses a bit more than 1/2 his NHL pay each day he's an Amerk.

I thought they had to play down there, not just be on the paper roster.  This makes sense though.  Kind of stinks to lose money, I guess the way to avoid that is to not get picked to be sent down, huh.  

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I thought they had to play down there, not just be on the paper roster.  This makes sense though.  Kind of stinks to lose money, I guess the way to avoid that is to not get picked to be sent down, huh.  

Thanks. 

Believe they're getting around needing to actually making them report to the Amerks by changing who is "down" each day.  (They get called back up before making the drive down the 90.)

Again, the issue is they can't practice w/ the Sabres if they're "in" Ra-cha-cha.  (They count against the roster when they practice even if they get loaned later in the day.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Now that I've seen Roster Gymnastics in action, I think I'm willing to move on from our friend Vinnie.  Hopefully KA can find a home for him soon so that we can stop this 4 man rotation of players being "loaned" to Rochester.   At this point, I'd rather give some of the young guys playing well in Rochester a reward for their good play and see what they look like at the NHL level. 

IMHO Rousek, Biro and Weissbach all have earned a callup.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.