Casey Fitzgerald claimed by Florida off Waivers

Brawndo

Fine. 

And good that UPL is sticking around.  It was freaking stupid to have a backup goalie dressed last night who wasn't ready to play.  As I've written in multiple other threads, I'm not giving up on Comrie. But the fact that Anderson wasn't pulled in the first last night was an indicator that Comrie isn't ready yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fine. 

And good that UPL is sticking around.  It was freaking stupid to have a backup goalie dressed last night who wasn't ready to play.  As I've written in multiple other threads, I'm not giving up on Comrie. But the fact that Anderson wasn't pulled in the first last night was an indicator that Comrie isn't ready yet.

I was really hoping DG would have yanked Anderson to light a fire under the team, I think that game could have gone a bit differently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Chris Johnson 

There is UPL’s Roster Spot 

You'd predicted this rather than Hinostroza getting sent down.

Good call.  And know Jokiharju is close to being back, so it was going to happen soon.  But didn't expect them to go w/ only 6 healthy D.

Guess that game where they played w/ only 5 D left an impression on management.

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

His dad will probably claim him.

Do the Devils have room for him on their D corps?  (Not sure how they're set up there on the lower pairs/ spares.)

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Actually, per the Sabres website, Jokiharju has been activated.

UPL was slated for the call up, then He woke up sick this AM 

from KA "Candidly he was slated to be called back up today and start tonight and he got sick, woke up this morning sick"

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

UPL was slated for the call up, then He woke up sick this AM 

from KA "Candidly he was slated to be called back up today and start tonight and he got sick, woke up this morning sick"

Fine.  Then Comrie better start, because if he was activated, he must be ready to play.  

I'm on record saying I'd have sent down Bryson and I stand by that; I think Fitz's scrappiness is helpful if needed (and if the top-4 are all healthy). But I do think that (pending clearing waivers, which he should like he's done before -- everybody's got a #8 like him) Fitz is much better for the Amerks than Bryson would be. They've already got Prow and Pilut for the power play. Fitz helps round out the defense with Bartkowski and Cecconi.

• Like (+1) 2

As far as the bottom  D-men on this roster....

Lyubuskin Is the best of the bunch. He's a #5 or #6 but when he isn't hurt he is legit NHL guy.

The rest of them...Clague, Fitz, Bryson, Pilut.....to me they are all interchangable.  Do they have different skillsets? Yes.  Are there times where one of them goes on a 2-3 week run where they play better than the rest? Yes. But those runs of good play don't usually last, and when you total everything together....while many on this forum have their favorites they are all very close to each other in terms of overall production.

The key to this team is not findout out which of them is the 'best', but rather insuring that all of them dont' have to play a big role long term.  I don't think any of them are so awful they kill the team single handedly, but there isn't any one of them that is better than the rest.  This team needs a healthy Jokiharju.

Edited by mjd1001

57 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm on record saying I'd have sent down Bryson and I stand by that; I think Fitz's scrappiness is helpful if needed (and if the top-4 are all healthy). But I do think that (pending clearing waivers, which he should like he's done before -- everybody's got a #8 like him) Fitz is much better for the Amerks than Bryson would be. They've already got Prow and Pilut for the power play. Fitz helps round out the defense with Bartkowski and Cecconi.

Loves Fitzgerald’s tude and style. He just doesn’t have the body to make it effective.  It’s like your younger brother trying to challenge you at hoops.  He just can’t physically intimidate.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

• Brawndo changed the title to Casey Fitzgerald claimed by Florida off Waivers
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.