GDT - Seattle @ Buffalo - January 10, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

matter2003

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We played them in three games and your shaking in your boots, "oh no, can we compete with them?".   Here is a bag of grit.  

image.thumb.png.13630167ad6d08268b3794670c2235bb.png

To be clear...it isn't the number of times, it's that all 3 games have basically been carbon copies of each other. Seattle forechecks the crap out of us, we turn the puck over, they score lots of goals.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freester said:

Torts had his boys ready to lay a whipping on us.  We folded easily  
Seattle is tough and tenacious. We need to shut down Beniers. Forecheck the hell out of the Kraken. I don’t want Borgen to look like a reincarnation of Zdeno Chara. 

lol, no worries he won't look like Chara but he will hit somebody. Might see how he feels about the Sabres by how many people he tries to hit 🙂

Forechecking them would be good, it's what we should have done against Philly, but we don't seem to like to play that way. See if Seattle takes away the middle of the ice the way the Flyers did. 

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

To be clear...it isn't the number of times, it's that all 3 games have basically been carbon copies of each other. Seattle forechecks the crap out of us, we turn the puck over, they score lots of goals.

Yes, they have a bunch of vets and we have mostly kids and it showed in past games.  This time we just have work hard, skate, and push back.   We beat Boston, we can beat these guys.  

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Rebound game measuring stick

Lets see what this team is all about, rebound with a strong game Sabres!!!!

This is a good test of their mental make up.  

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I approve.  Quinn and Peterka need a game or 2 in the press box.  I’m sure they will rebound well when back in the lineup 

We already know what Hinistroza amd Asplund offer. Not much 

Best way to learn anything is to do it over and over again. What's a better way to learn or rebound than to be on the ice during an NHL game? 

The answer is nothing. Keep them on the ice 

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jokiharju, Asplund and Vinnie are in 

Quinn, Peterka, Bryson scratched 

Comrie in net

I'm glad that Joker's back.  I also welcome another look at Asplund and Vinnie.  Quinn and JJP will benefit from the perspective that comes with taking a step back for a bit.  They were so good a few games back that I kept forgetting their rookie status.  Bryson is addition by subtraction, to be honest.  We'll see what Comrie brings against a fairly potent offense.  DG should have them ready.  LFG!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.