GDT - Seattle @ Buffalo - January 10, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

matter2003

This game will tell us a lot.  Our last two losses were to teams behind us in the standings.   Both teams play a slower and physical game because they have far less speed and skill.  We cannot play to the level of the competition, we must play our game and make them try to keep up.  Like we did with Minnesota.   

The Krackers are decent team but not invincible.  Tonight we bounce back and we beat them.  

Comrie - it’s your time to be a 1.  

EDIT:  Now I am reading it will be UPL.  I feel a little better given the way the team plays with him in there these past few weeks.  If they summon Donny Edwards and send Al Smith scurrying to the dressing room I won't be surprised.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm predicting a win, but a weak third period performance. They'll come out strong after that dud last night and put up 3-5 in the first two periods, only to be followed by a collapse in the third where Comrie/whoever has to bail them out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They better get it together tonight.  To say they sucked last night is an understatement. TCU was better.

They played a lot better after the first.  But the passing was just off all night, turnover city, passes in skates.  They were disruptive to anything we tried to do in the neutral zone, and zone entry was an issue all night.  

Power played really badly.  So did Skinner.  

Thought Anderson was mostly fine.  The other goalie played really well to get that shutout. 

Edited by Drag0nDan
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I will be at this one tonight. I will witness firsthand the myth of Borgen grow 😂

I think Sabres lose again 

Krackheads … 4

Swords … 3

Tuch, Peterka, or Samuelsson with a goal 

I wonder how much of the losing streak could have been thwarted if Borgen was a meme er of the Sabres.  

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Because they have kicked our ass every time we played them and the games have not been competitive.

We played them in three games and your shaking in your boots, "oh no, can we compete with them?".   Here is a bag of grit.  

image.thumb.png.13630167ad6d08268b3794670c2235bb.png

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.