GDT: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 1/9/23, 7pm, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

47 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh... about sunshine?  What's the connection to Pennsyltucky then?  Or was that a red herring?

The rest of you got it, but PA's references often zing right past me.

I don't get your goal memes.

We should team up and try to understand why the state abbreviation for Pennsyltucky is naughty.

Dad's lube?

6 hours ago, MattPie said:

Ithaca NY now. My team is 100% remote now so we got to choose where to live.

If you haven't had it yet, when they are back in town in the Spring I highly recommend having some Silo Fried Chicken at the Liquid State Brewing Company location. Best food truck I've ever experienced and run by great people. 

Just now, TheAud said:

If you haven't had it yet, when they are back in town in the Spring I highly recommend having some Silo Fried Chicken at the Liquid State Brewing Company location. Best food truck I've ever experienced and run by great people. 

I had Silo, although not there; I think they were at the Trumasburg Farmers Market one time. Nice!

I have some Liquid State in the fridge, nice stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MattPie said:

I had Silo, although not there; I think they were at the Trumasburg Farmers Market one time. Nice!

I have some Liquid State in the fridge, nice stuff.

Yeah, one truck stays at Liquid State, the other hits the festivals and so forth and is in Ovid every Wed (I think). 

I like where this thread has gone on the Ithaca side of things. I was born there!

18 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Yeah, one truck stays at Liquid State, the other hits the festivals and so forth and is in Ovid every Wed (I think). 

I like where this thread has gone on the Ithaca side of things. I was born there!

Lucky Hare out of Hector is pretty good too, and Aurora (not East Aurora) has some wild stuff. It's not the brewery scene in Philly, but still an embarrassment of riches.

9 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What in the blazes is going on in here ??

Focus !!

DASTARDLY !!

cornell university GIF

I'd like to see a game where our 2nd line (Cozens) and 3rd line (Jost) make us say, "wow, these guys came to play today!". It seems like it's one or another, although I can't actually remember the last time Peterka or Cozens scored. It seems most people understand the need to be patient with the drop-off in production on the second line although I'm curious how long they can go without finding the net before shuffling happens to try to spark some of the players?

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I'd like to see a game where our 2nd line (Cozens) and 3rd line (Jost) make us say, "wow, these guys came to play today!". It seems like it's one or another, although I can't actually remember the last time Peterka or Cozens scored. It seems most people understand the need to be patient with the drop-off in production on the second line although I'm curious how long they can go without finding the net before shuffling happens to try to spark some of the players?

Cozens potted one last game (or the game before). Now Quinn and JJP, that's a good question.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Not disagreeing with this at all.

But I do think around here we tend to glom on to details more than big picture.

We’re 13/4/2 since we picked up Jost.

On a good team, the top players are dangerous most nights, the middle six takes turns supporting them, and the 4th line chips in enough to be useful. That seems to describe the Sabres over the past 6 weeks.

Donnie has tweaked the lineup, but I think the big picture success largely outweighs what might be the best thing for some individual players.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Not even today? It's blue as ***** in northern *****.

Really? PA KY?

That is so odd.

presumably, y'all have clear skies because you are just far enough away from these big ol' ponds we call the great lakes. they're incredible. they are also cloud makers.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Not disagreeing with this at all.

But I do think around here we tend to glom on to details more than big picture.

We’re 13/4/2 since we picked up Jost.

On a good team, the top players are dangerous most nights, the middle six takes turns supporting them, and the 4th line chips in enough to be useful. That seems to describe the Sabres over the past 6 weeks.

Donnie has tweaked the lineup, but I think the big picture success largely outweighs what might be the best thing for some individual players.

I'm not glomming, I'm hungry to see this team unlock it's full potential and dismember teams on a nightly basis.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.