Bills PBP John Murphy Suffered a Stroke

Brawndo

When it rains it pours.

Get better, Murphy.  Prayers going out.

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

wtf

bad things come in threes so we have Hamlin, Murph, what's next? the Blizzard, the house fire, the shooting. Can Buffalo just get a break for a second. 

Kim Pegula pethaps?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Terrible news.

Prayers for a full and quick recovery.

Not that it really matters, but how old is he? 

Seems like these things are happening to younger and younger people all the time.  Scary stuff.

Nah.  They just aren’t older compared to us anymore.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Real question how much this stroke impacts his ability to speak and think on his feet. 

Best case it was a TIA and he could be OK to continue broadcasting. We don't know the details of course.

It's just beyond cruel is all I know.

That's actually great (edit: cautiously optimistic) news for Pete (easy for me to say). The condition is one of the differential diagnoses when older folks are getting worked up for suspected dementia/Alzheimer's. You kind of root for it as an explanation.

Pete's another good guy. Like John he took the time to respond to me in a personal way, way back when.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

That's actually great (edit: cautiously optimistic) news for Pete (easy for me to say). The condition is one of the differential diagnoses when older folks are getting worked up for suspected dementia/Alzheimer's. You kind of root for it as an explanation.

Pete's another good guy. Like John he took the time to respond to me in a personal way, way back when.

Just read this to my father, who is visiting from Buffalo.  He recalled seeing Pete multiple times back in the day at a breakfast place on Hertel Ave and he always had time to chat up the boys about the Bills/Sabres/Bisons.  🙏 

Edited by Broken Ankles

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.