Carrying 3 goalies - Should they keep 3, send UPL down or move someone else?

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Probably Fitzy to be honest.  If Fitzgerald was going to stay up he'd be playing.

Could be Hinestroza or Asplund too.  I think they will wait to waive a Dman until Joki is ready to return.

Or maybe Comrie starts tomorrow and UPL will be brought back in for Thursday's game.

Yes will probably be Fitz but I dare to dream!

unless they are exceptional offensively, I’m done with dmen who are not at minimum 5’10.  190lbs

18 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Tage is sleep walking tonight 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Do they have to wait til end of game to waive Bryson?  First shift board battle lost.  1-0 Philly 

Crusader is having trouble finding the right thread.

Drunk On One GIF

18 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I don't like sending UPL down. He has been an integral part of digging us out of the 8 game skid. The Sabres are one of the hottest teams in the league. It just feels like too much risk for not enough reward. 

Well they had to send UPL down on paper because he was an “emergency recall.” But Meatballs said on the radio today that UPL is starting tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I don't like sending UPL down. He has been an integral part of digging us out of the 8 game skid. The Sabres are one of the hottest teams in the league. It just feels like too much risk for not enough reward. 

And I don't feel like giving up on Comrie yet, or abandoning the security of Anderson.  So yeah, keep 3.

• Like (+1) 1

Once highly-touted Zach Fucale is a goalie I'd like the Sabres to trade for. He's 27 and not getting a chance with the Capitals. Hasek was a late bloomer... Comrie doesn't do it for me. Anderson is a placeholder, although plays well for the most part but his time is almost up. UPL needs more seasoning. I hate that it looks like the Sabres are going to lose Portillo, who's huge. There's no guarantee on Levi either. Not too many 6' NHL goalies.  Topias Leinonen might be a goalie of the future but his stats over the last five year are hardly lights out.

1 hour ago, Quint said:

Once highly-touted Zach Fucale is a goalie I'd like the Sabres to trade for. He's 27 and not getting a chance with the Capitals. Hasek was a late bloomer... Comrie doesn't do it for me. Anderson is a placeholder, although plays well for the most part but his time is almost up. UPL needs more seasoning. I hate that it looks like the Sabres are going to lose Portillo, who's huge. There's no guarantee on Levi either. Not too many 6' NHL goalies.  Topias Leinonen might be a goalie of the future but his stats over the last five year are hardly lights out.

Thomas was a late bloomer.  Roloson, due to completely revamping his playing style, was a late bloomer.

Hasek was not.

I’m starting to think that something needs to give here. Aside from the paper transaction hassle, two of our three goalies aren’t going to eat as much as they would like.

We don’t know what the initial starter’s crease schedule was and how it changed when UPL was sick last Tuesday (Comrie was probably scripted to face his old team that Thursday and was pressed into action on Tue instead), but UPL got the next three starts. After yesterday’s game, Meatballs said this:

And to be honest, UPL deserves it to this point.

With Anderson going tonight and UPL the likely go on Ryan Miller night, the next possible start for Comrie is Saturday…ten days between starts! What’s more, this could (should) have also been an Anderson game (who sports the best GAA/Sv% of the three of them. 

GMKA says UPL ‘has to play’ and Meatballs is giving him the lions share based on merit. Andy will get his games and I’ll take his .921 save percentage anytime I can get it. 

Is it time to move on from Comrie? Chance waivers?
Cuz he is about to get crumbs on a go-forward basis and honestly…why steal starts from Anderson??

10 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I’m starting to think that something needs to give here. Aside from the paper transaction hassle, two of our three goalies aren’t going to eat as much as they would like.

We don’t know what the initial starter’s crease schedule was and how it changed when UPL was sick last Tuesday (Comrie was probably scripted to face his old team that Thursday and was pressed into action on Tue instead), but UPL got the next three starts. After yesterday’s game, Meatballs said this:

And to be honest, UPL deserves it to this point.

With Anderson going tonight and UPL the likely go on Ryan Miller night, the next possible start for Comrie is Saturday…ten days between starts! What’s more, this could (should) have also been an Anderson game (who sports the best GAA/Sv% of the three of them. 

GMKA says UPL ‘has to play’ and Meatballs is giving him the lions share based on merit. Andy will get his games and I’ll take his .921 save percentage anytime I can get it. 

Is it time to move on from Comrie? Chance waivers?
Cuz he is about to get crumbs on a go-forward basis and honestly…why steal starts from Anderson??

Why does UPL deserve it? He's not any better than the other two. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Why does UPL deserve it? He's not any better than the other two. 

I’m with you.
According to the coach, because he had won a string of games (in which the Sabres the Sabres scored 4+). He’s 10-5-1 and to be fair, UPL did make some timely big stops in those games. 

I was in the send UPL to ROC camp. The team thinks differently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.