Tage Thompson Named To All Star Team

Brawndo

Went to NHL.com to see how the fan vote for the rest of the team works.

Fans only choose 2 skaters & 1 goalie per team and you vote by either going here NHL Gamezone or via twitter.

To vote by tweet, "(e)ach fan tweet must include the complete hashtag "#NHLAllStarVote" followed by a player's full name or a player's Twitter handle. Only referencing a last name will not count. All Twitter votes will be combined with online vote totals."

Not happy about this, because not sure Dahlin will be able to beat out both Pastrnak & Matthews.  Much less McAvoy & others.  The Adams division might have 0 defensemen playing.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Went to NHL.com to see how the fan vote for the rest of the team works.

Fans only choose 2 skaters & 1 goalie per team and you vote by either going here NHL Gamezone or via twitter.

To vote by tweet, "(e)ach fan tweet must include the complete hashtag "#NHLAllStarVote" followed by a player's full name or a player's Twitter handle. Only referencing a last name will not count. All Twitter votes will be combined with online vote totals."

Not happy about this, because not sure Dahlin will be able to beat out both Pastrnak & Matthews.  Much less McAvoy & others.  The Adams division might have 0 defensemen playing.

Registered so I could vote -- I don't do twitter. Voted for Tuch and Dahlin, but I get the impression the results will be skewed towards folks who are tech savvy and know how to easily stuff the ballot box. Pretty much like how we elect everyone nowadays.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

He is an allstar but i hate the naming of all-stars now anyone can make it 

Is not special anymore 

I’m not understanding your meaning.  Are you saying that too many players are selected, or are you saying that they aren’t selecting the correct players?

The fact that there are few/no defensemen is silly.  Dahlin belongs in the ASG under any circumstance and it should not be left to chance the way that it is.

That video was also awkward, contrived, and silly.  I realize what they were trying to do with it, but it just didn't happen.  Thompson is obviously a reserved, low-key guy off the ice, and it showed in the video.  If I was the Sabres PR/Marketing team, I would have abandoned the idea after seeing how it went.

Notwithstanding my comments above, it was earned and well-deserved for Tage, so congrats to him!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Voting does matter in this thing.

Remember when all of Latvia and every Sabre fan everywhere voted Zemgus in.  It was awesome.

Which is why they're limiting the fan voting to ~10 days and have several other hurdles for allowing a vote to count.

The NHL ALWAYS does the expedient thing rather than the right one & could screw up a 1 car parade.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.