GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - January 3, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I find it odd that some of the people here who critique me for being stuck in the 80s and wanting too much violence in hockey (their claims) watch football but that's for them to figure out. Some of us hockey fans don't watch football any more, and while this player's injury is a tragic event, the world doesn't stop for football. Should the Sabres forfeit and not play every time a person in Buffalo gets seriously injured or dies? The idea is simply absurd.  Having said that, hope the guy pulls through even though I have absolutely no idea who he is. I stopped watching football years ago. 

Now as for hockey, big test for the Sabres. Washington plays a style they will not like. Speed and more speed and don't get intimidated or it'll be a hard fall back down to earth. 

You post will probably land here with a THUD.   I will explain it.  People from Buffalo/WNY root for both the Bills and Sabre - at least the vast majority do.  Therefore, people from Buffalo/WNY like football AND hockey. 

It is not the other way around.  

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Sports is the last thing that should be on peoples minds those sabre players are humans also and have lots of friends on that bills team 

No one here should care if the Sabres  Forfeit to be with their love ones 

Did you go to work today?

If you did, then why shouldn't the Sabres be expected to not do so?

If you didn't, well that's noble in a way, but doubt many others can say likewise.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I find it odd that some of the people here who critique me for being stuck in the 80s and wanting too much violence in hockey (their claims) watch football but that's for them to figure out. Some of us hockey fans don't watch football any more, and while this player's injury is a tragic event, the world doesn't stop for football. Should the Sabres forfeit and not play every time a person in Buffalo gets seriously injured or dies? The idea is simply absurd.  Having said that, hope the guy pulls through even though I have absolutely no idea who he is. I stopped watching football years ago. 

Now as for hockey, big test for the Sabres. Washington plays a style they will not like. Speed and more speed and don't get intimidated or it'll be a hard fall back down to earth. 

The only comparable thing I have ever seen while watching sports live when you suddenly realized a person's life was on the line if medical professionals didn't act quickly where every second counted was the Clint Malarchuk incident with the Sabres.  It was traumatizing to see.  Still have not eaten after seeing last night's incident with Damar Hamlin and feel sick to my stomach when I even think about food.

As an athlete you never consider the chance that you might die on the field. You understand injuries happen and are a part of the game and do your best to minimize them happening, but dying is never a part of what you signed up for.

Edited by matter2003

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Did you go to work today?

If you did, then why shouldn't the Sabres be expected to not do so?

If you didn't, well that's noble in a way, but doubt many others can say likewise.

I dont know the guys personally like the sabre players know the bills they all hang out with one another 

I think everyone should feel what they feel, no judgement. With regards to Sabres & Bills playing. I feel so deeply, as most do, about his best recovery. Everything I hear Dumar is in fantastic hands with the Medical Staff @ UC. There is nothing we can do. Players on both teams CAN play FOR Dumar & his full recovery. Put positivity out to get it in ether - all for Dumar, his family & friends, teammates across the board, Buffalo fans, etc…. 

Rise Live Rachel Hollis GIF by The Hollis Company

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Man they look defeated  hopefully they have a good game and dont get upset if they lose i couldn't play that takes lots of heart 

They look concerned & empathetic. Just like us. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Man they look defeated  hopefully they have a good game and dont get upset if they lose i couldn't play that takes lots of heart 

I would assume the Sabres players had a conversation about playing tonight or not. 
i have a feeling we are going to see them fight hard tonight with very little celebrating after goals and hopefully a win 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Sports is the last thing that should be on peoples minds those sabre players are humans also and have lots of friends on that bills team 

No one here should care if the Sabres  Forfeit to be with their love ones 

I’m sorry if this sounds bad but life has to go on.  Playing could be a type of therapy for any sabres player who may know Damar. It will take their mind off of the tragedy for 60 minutes. 

Personally I’ve had espn & nfl network on most of the day hearing about the tragedy over and over. I need this game to take my mind off if it. I just wished i had bought tickets to tonight’s game so i could be there to support the Sabres and the Buffalo fans 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.