GDT: 1/1/23—Happy New Year Edition—Sabres @ Senators // 7ET on MSG

#freejame

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Oh Captain, my Captain.

You know how I love Freddie.

Then you should love this pic I found on teh intarwebz.  ¡Olé!

image.thumb.png.aa74e07b527902ffe13e0045e6d20153.png

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It will pretty hard to avoid a letdown after that incredible comeback win yesterday, and it being the 3rd game in 4 nights — but if they want to make the playoffs, this is the kind of game that they need to show up for and trample the Sens under their skates.  

fify

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Ottawa gets in the crease better than most teams in the NHL.  The Sabres are not good at clearing the front of the net, in fact I dare say they leave opponents between the D and the tendy as part of their strategy (still boggles my mind).  This is why I think they have troubles with Ottawa.

Muel is on the job.

41 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He signed a long-term deal last summer. Unless he’s traded, he’ll be a Senator until 2028.

Yep, just like Jack Eichel will be a Sabre until 2026.  💀

If he doesn't want to be there the Sens will eventually trade him for a Tuch, a Krebs and a coupla picks.

In the last week, Senators beat the league leading Bruins in OT and Sabres beat the Bruins in OT as well. If you want to get serious it's a 4 point game and you need to win this one in regulation. Both teams prefer to play very different styles. I think it'll be defined by which team asserts themselves enough to dictate the style of play. If there down and dirty in front stuff prevails we lose, if we drive the net and play with speed relentlessly we win. Toss a coin. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, grinreaper said:

Every time we play Ottawa I get fond memories of a clinching playoff game in overtime when Alfredsson was stuck playing defense against Pominville. 

We were at Bob's Branch Office in Kenmore when Pominville netted that goal.  There were about thirty of us going mental in there.  That's a fond memory and, although the stakes are obviously different, Tuch's OT winner yesterday made me feel similarly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

He signed a long-term deal last summer. Unless he’s traded, he’ll be a Senator until 2028.

Oh, yes I forgot.  That because there are occasional rumblings that he and his brother want to go back home to play for the  Blues.  

1 hour ago, grinreaper said:

Every time we play Ottawa I get fond memories of a clinching playoff game in overtime when Alfredsson was stuck playing defense against Pominville. 

That clinched the series.  I believe it was the first time a shorthanded goal clinched a playoff series in OT.

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Ottawa is favored tonight eh. Show them wrong 

I think it's as simple as going with the home team.

Ottawa also on a back to back and third in four. Sabres played a day game, had a shorter flight, and arrived in Ottawa hours before the Senators did. Sabres come in flying high, Senators questioning themselves for blowing a two goal lead. I like our chances with Anderson playing in front of his old home fans. 

Hard to predict a win given a road B2B, but Ottawa should be just as tired, maybe more.  

I think the Sabres are having too much fun to have a let down and I think Tage is going to have a big night soon.  So why not tonight? 

Sabres - 6

Sens 3

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

We were at Bob's Branch Office in Kenmore when Pominville netted that goal.  There were about thirty of us going mental in there.  That's a fond memory and, although the stakes are obviously different, Tuch's OT winner yesterday made me feel similarly.

My wife and I were in Washington, DC celebrating our first anniversary.  We found a bar along the Potomac River that had a very small area wth a TV.  We were the only ones in the section.  The bartender agreed to show that game on the TV.  We were SO into the game that they kept us supplied with soft drinks the entire game.  We were blown away when Jason scored that goal!  The bar refused to take our money for the drinks.  A memory we will cherish forever.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.