Perhaps Lost in Two Wins

Allan in MD

Just as important as the wins, perhaps, is the fact that the Sabres have outshot the opposition in both games they've played. Look at the shots on goal record the last few years and this was the exception rather than the rule. It says something significant about where this team may be headed, if they keep it up.

Keep Miller in there until he shows that he needs a break; they owe Biron nothing.

Just as important as the wins, perhaps, is the fact that the Sabres have outshot the opposition in both games they've played. Look at the shots on goal record the last few years and this was the exception rather than the rule. It says something significant about where this team may be headed, if they keep it up.

Keep Miller in there until he shows that he needs a break; they owe Biron nothing.

You only have to look at the PP stats to see where the shots are coming from. 2 games 20 PP's.

I was at the game and was shocked to see so many empty seats. They barely had 12,000 if that. :o

Connolly owes Miller a meal or something for saving his a$$. Timmy made a stupid play that almost cost the Sabres a SH goal. I know it's early, but a PP defensmen has to be #1 on the priority list. ;)

good observation...i think i am even happier about the fact that the sabres CARRIED PLAY than am i about the wins (well, almost)...because that fact gives me real hope we can SUSTAIN this.

how many victories in the hasek area came with us get outshot almost 2-1, but getting the game winner off some lucky bounce? a lot more than most sabre fans would like to admit. goaltending kept us in a lot of games we didn't deserve to be in. goaltending may yet be a problem for this team, but it least early indications are that the skaters can hold their own. now let's hope they keep it up! :)

Archived