GDT: 12/31/2022, 1:00 PM ET: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins; MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Definitely a trap game for the Bruins with the Winter Classic coming up. 

Ullmark, Nosek and maybe Lindholm on the possible injury/illness list but they are basically healthy. This will be a very different style of game from the Detroit game and if you haven't seen the Bruins this year you will be surprised as they are not playing the way they used to. Montgomery has changed a lot of things. The D is extremely active (not unlike Buffalo) but they are somewhat vulnerable to the stretch pass. 

What will be most interesting to me is what happens in the 3rd period. Both teams are big 3rd period teams (and often slow starters) so this makes for an interesting match up. I am really curious to see if this Buffalo team can measure up to them. If they do, maybe you actually can think about playoff possibilities after all. 

• Like (+1) 4

No pressure on the Sabres. The Bruins have the undefeated home streak, the best team in the first half reputation and beating the Sabres every other time they meet.

DG will have them ready, it will be a big challenge. 
If they bring their A game they can do it.

The Sens have beaten the Bruins twice for Pete’s sake.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So, we have a chance? 

When not playing the Sabres I tend to root for the original 6 in the playoffs. 

Except Boston. I hate the Bruins. 

First Sabres game I ever watched was December 1970. Vs Bruins. Total domination. 72 shots on goal. 8-2 loss. Have hated them since (Though watching Orr and Espo was was always amazing). 

Let’s go! Big test. Play great!! And get a W! (Tho I’d take a tie). 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm the the red headed kiddo in that scene in the stands at the Aud... I never forget that game... Funny story... My cousin and I would leave every game at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period so we we could pull all of the parking tickets from cars right up to Niagara Street... Hey we were young 8 years old... but I have to admit... it was not the best thing to do...

Edited by Standing Room Smoking Cigs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

We're healthier than the last time these teams played. We gotta show up for 60 minutes and hope the 3rd pair and 3rd line don't give up too much. 

Just win.

Agree.  I suspect the bench will be shortened in the 3rd.   Play Fitz over Bryson and maybe Asplund over VO.  

I hope TNT gets on track tonight too.  

20 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

I'm the the red headed kiddo in that scene in the stands at the Aud... I never forget that game... Funny story... My cousin and I would leave every game at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period so we we could pull all of the parking tickets from cars right up to Niagara Street... Hey we were young 8 years old... but I have to admit... it was not the best thing to do...

You're Jim Schoenfeld, the red headed kid in the video?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

That Schoenfeld beat down of Cashman is a classic. I love it. 

Today's lineup needs to play hard nosed and not get pushed around in this game.

If that rat Marchand even tries anything someone needs to pummel him into the ice. Especially if it involves any of the Sabres rookies. 

Cheap shots, against Marchand, are always encouraged and welcome in my opinion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.