Pilut Assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Was that required to send him to Rochester? Or did the Sabres flat out dump him?

Required. Sabres were over the roster limit with Power, Lyubushkin and Bryson all healthy.

They chose Fitzpatrick and Clague over him.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I guess if they had to send him down to free up roster space, they had to expose him.  It seems to me that they hope he clears and goes to Roch and they are not trying to outright release him.  I haven't seen enough to know if Fitz and Clague have been better, but certainly this board has been more complimentary of Clague of late, and Fitz does bring a physical element to the team the they need.

1 hour ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

The Flyers might.

The Flyers might take a flyer on 'im.

I'll show myself out.

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I haven't seen enough to know if Fitz and Clague have been better

They have been, especially for what the Sabres need:  Defensive defensemen.

43 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

And today we'll see how other GMs value the Sabres' defensive depth of 7/8s vs. their own current lineup.

If Pilut gets picked up, we can identify one team that the Sabres are much better than.

It is nice to get healthy and have a bit of depth that other teams may want. At some point teams will be claiming Sabres waiver moves because the quality of depth players will be decent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.