GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 pm 12/29/22 TV: MSG and Radio: WGR55

bob_sauve28

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

No game in 10 days, no practice in a week?  Not exactly a formula for success tonight. Never wanted to be more wrong about anything though. 

Given the emotional side of it, the impact to the community, and hopefully a loud and electric crowd, this could be a classic game. 

I am excited.  My wife just told me to get out of the house and go to the driving range.  So, I will take her advice and head out at noon.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

I was at the game after the plane crash in Clarence (win over Anaheim), and I remember fondly the Sabres beating the ***** out of the Flyers after the October storm.  Tonight should be an EVENT.

I was at the game after the plane crash too, and it was something! But I thought it was SJ? Pommer scored with only a few seconds left to win it and the building was almost shaking. So awesome.  

Edited by Porous Five Hole
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

No game in 10 days, no practice in a week?  Not exactly a formula for success tonight. Never wanted to be more wrong about anything though. 

Practice?  Practice?  Cmon man...what are we talking about here?  We talking about practice man...practice!  Not the game...not the actual game...we talking about practice!

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

This is what concerns me about the Sabres tonight.

Me too. The rest was certainly needed but I fear the first period or two can look like it's the Sabres first exhibition game of the season. I hope I'm wrong. Just in case, hang tough for 30 or 40 minutes then dominate the third. 

In any event, glad to have Sabres hockey back. And really glad to hear the reports that the community is starting to recover from this mess.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Me too. The rest was certainly needed but I fear the first period or two can look like it's the Sabres first exhibition game of the season. I hope I'm wrong. Just in case, hang tough for 30 or 40 minutes then dominate the third. 

In any event, glad to have Sabres hockey back. And really glad to hear the reports that the community is starting to recover from this mess.

....and the Red Wings played last night.  Could be a rough first. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.