Sabres Blue Jackets Postponed

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They were able to get the Bills into town.   I NEED A SABRES GAME TO TAKE MY MIND OFF OF STUFF DAMMIT

I think the Bills got flack for it too. 

I am not sure if it was politically motivated (anti poloncarz), frustration with bans/weather in general, or a loud complaining reporter (Tim Graham), but the sentiment of, “The Bills didn’t have to take this seriously, why do we” was certainly out there.  

41 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's so weird. We got snow here outside Vancouver which is pretty rare, Buffalo go buried, which isn't unusual but the amount is insane, and yet I saw shots of Moncton for the World Juniors and they don't seem to have any snow at all. Weather is getting crazy no question about it. 

We have absolutely nothing here right on the coast about 30 minutes south of Halifax.

The airport (about 30 minutes north of Halifax) got a trace.  Other parts of NS got some snow, I think.  Moncton area usually gets a lot more than we do.  It's unusual for them to not have any at this time of year.

In 2014/15 we got nothing until January 15th (2015) and then we got more snow than ever.  We called it White Jaun.  I am hoping for not a repeat of that, but some snow would be nice.

• Like (+1) 1

This is really a great chance for anyone who was injured to get rested up and get back close to 100%.

On the other hand, when they squeeze the rest of these games in, the schedule is going to be so tight that the Sabres will likely be playing back to backs or 3 games in 5 nights a lot more against more well rested teams.

Then again, The Sabres have 32 games played. As of tonight, the league as 8 teams with 32 games played and another 6 with 33....so they really won't have more gamed squeezed in from now till the end of the year than about half of the league.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I wanted to watch Sabres hockey!

Got it.. I was hoping that was it but I did not read it that way initially.

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think nothing will happen since the game was rescheduled. You don't get a refund if you can't make the new date.

I could get a refund for the LIghtning game on the 23rd.  It is/was a limited window, but it was possible.

18 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think the Bills got flack for it too. 

I am not sure if it was politically motivated (anti poloncarz), frustration with bans/weather in general, or a loud complaining reporter (Tim Graham), but the sentiment of, “The Bills didn’t have to take this seriously, why do we” was certainly out there.  

As they should.. there's nothing essential about the Buffalo Bills players. If they could get home without violating driving bans then fine, but if not.. no way should they have been.  It sucks to not be home, no doubt.. but that amount of suck does not come close to the combined amount of suck going on throughout the area and catering to them should be expected to elicit a "why them?" response.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I doubt they play tomorrow night. 

Unfortunately there is a concert at Little Caesars Arena tomorrow, as the teams could have flipped home dates with the Sabres hosting the Red Wings on 4/6. 

So the Sabres first game in two weeks, and little if any practice, will be at the Bruins. Nice. At least they'll be rested.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I doubt they play tomorrow night. 

Unfortunately there is a concert at Little Caesars Arena tomorrow, as the teams could have flipped home dates with the Sabres hosting the Red Wings on 4/6. 

They should play the game in Rochester.

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

Any Sabre living within Buffalo city limits wouldn’t be able to get there.

Now that the practice facility is the Harbor Center and not the Pepsi/Northtown Center that is basically all of them.

The last two made total sense. This one I am torn between empathy for people struggling in the storm and annoyance with Byron Brown.

Edited by Mango

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Now that the practice facility is the Harbor Center and not the Pepsi/Northtown Center that is basically all of them.

The last two made total sense. This one I am torn between empathy for people struggling in the storm and annoyance with Byron Brown.

I'm going to assume the players that can walk to Harborcenter are skating. Suburban players like Tuch and Okposo aren't.

• Thanks (+1) 2

On 12/27/2022 at 2:21 PM, Eleven said:

They were able to get the Bills into town.   I NEED A SABRES GAME TO TAKE MY MIND OFF OF STUFF DAMMIT

Meh...We are still finding dead people. Some streets haven't seen plows. A huge portion of the players live in the city. It would be nice but it is totally reasonable to postpone.

I think what the Bills did was irresponsible and disrespectful.

I have some friends in the Southtowns who don't know how the Bills got to their homes. When they were reported to be driving in from the airport, their streets had not been touched. I suspect (but cannot confirm), the only way to ensure that the 70+ players and staff that traveled with the team home on Christmas day was for the Bills to pull some strings so that they could be taken care of first, which I strongly dislike when you have a state of emergency where the National Guard has been mobilized and first responders and multi-ton plows are in ditches all over the region. 

Edited by Mango
word
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

They should play the game in Rochester.

Htf do you plan on doing that?

The game in BUFFALO is nearly a sell out.  There are 11 sections in the 300's w/ no seats available, 4 sections in the 100's w/ no seats available, and the majority of the 200's sections have no seats available.

Are you going to tell those people to drive 80 minutes east and hope they're one of the 1st 10,000 people to show up so they can get in the building?

Several of the players are still in the wonders of the travel ban.  How do you propose they get to the game if where they live still has the ban in place tomorrow?

Can Detroit reroute their travel to Ra-cha-cha on 1 day notice?

As the Heineken commercials used to say: BRILLIANT!

Edited by Taro T

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The driving ban in Buffalo will be lifted tonight. Or early early in the morning. There will not be an issue of the teams playing or the fans attending. The only issue is limited parking because of the snow removal/moving.

Also disadvantage of not being able to practice since 12/22.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Htf do you plan on doing that?

The game in BUFFALO is nearly a sell out.  There are 11 sections in the 300's w/ no seats available, 4 sections in the 100's w/ no seats available, and the majority of the 200's sections have no seats available.

Are you going to tell those people to drive 80 minutes east and hope they're one of the 1st 10,000 people to show up so they can get in the building?

Several of the players are still in the wonders of the travel ban.  How do you propose they get to the game if where they live still has the ban in place tomorrow?

Can Detroit reroute their travel to Ra-cha-cha on 1 day notice?

As the Heineken commercials used to say: BRILLIANT!

The Bills moved their sellout home game to Detroit. Did all the fans go to Detroit? Of course not.

The roads will be clear enough that a team bus would be allowed to pick those living downtown up. 

Rerouting a flight from Pittsburgh to Rochester instead of Buffalo is not a major accomplishment. 

Try again. 🙄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.