Sabres Predictions for the New Year

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That, the Yotes want a small fortune to part w/ him, & he's a Poor Man's Dahlin when what the Sabres need is another Samuelsson.

That said, if his price came down wouldn't mind him in B&G.

They have possibly another Muel but he's Russian and only 19. 

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Luke Schenn and he is certainly available.  Nick Jensen.  Jan Ruuta.  Jake McCabe, although that bridge is probably burned.  

The asking price for Schenn starts at a 2023 1st.  That's too rich for my blood, particularly for rental.  I would ask about Jensen, but I think Washington will keep him unless they need a forward from us.  Rutta makes sense to me.

The Sabres will finish with 39 wins and miss the playoffs, narrowly 

Tage will not get 50 goals 

Goaltending will remain the same and probably get worse 

Adams might do something 

The Cozens line will regress, but not by much. No one on that line gets above 60 points 

Dahlin won't get 20 goals 

Skinner gets to 40 goals, again 

I have a tough time seeing this team get the final wild card spot with the Rangers and Penguins already in those spots. Both teams have far better goaltending, systems and overall experience. Not to mention the few teams still ahead of us 

Next year should be playoffs. If not, they're all fired 

On 12/27/2022 at 12:25 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Luke Schenn and he is certainly available.  Nick Jensen.  Jan Ruuta.  Jake McCabe, although that bridge is probably burned.  

Not to beat a dead horse but the Sabres don't need anything more on defense than a couple of veteran stay at home guys that won't break the bank but not those that will come in for the minimum. If Jake McCabe can still play at the level he was playing when he left then he's the kind of guy I'm talking about. I don't recall any major animosity when he left that would preclude his return. 

Just now, grinreaper said:

Not to beat a dead horse but the Sabres don't need anything more on defense than a couple of veteran stay at home guys that won't break the bank but not those that will come in for the minimum. If Jake McCabe can still play at the level he was playing when he left then he's the kind of guy I'm talking about. I don't recall any major animosity when he left that would preclude his return. 

Unless McCabe's wife has had a change of heart, he ain't leaving Chi-town.

She's from there & that's why he's there.  (Happy wife, happy life.)

• Agree 1

https://theathletic.com/4043475/2022/12/29/sabres-game-postponed-questions/

The Athletic posing many of the same questions from this thread

1) Can the stars keep up the pace? 

2) Can the young studs avoid the rookie wall - Matt points out that JJP and Quinn played a full AHL schedule last year.

3) How healthy can they stay? - I'd change this to can they get and keep the D healthy.

4) What will happen with the goalie situation?

5) Will they make a move? - I'd rephrase, Will they make a move and if they will when?

On 12/28/2022 at 4:46 PM, grinreaper said:

We can, and we should, do better than Jake McCabe.

We want players that want to be here.  That is not Jake (or his wife).  

59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/4043475/2022/12/29/sabres-game-postponed-questions/

The Athletic posing many of the same questions from this thread

1) Can the stars keep up the pace? 

2) Can the young studs avoid the rookie wall - Matt points out that JJP and Quinn played a full AHL schedule last year.

3) How healthy can they stay? - I'd change this to can they get and keep the D healthy.

4) What will happen with the goalie situation?

5) Will they make a move? - I'd rephrase, Will they make a move and if they will when?

Really it seems to be only "can Mule stay healthy".  Doesn't seem to matter who else is out, if he plays they usually win 75% of the time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.