Jeff Skinner - Appreciation

steveoath

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Correlation. Causation. Schlemiel schlemozzle.

Rasmus was dumb. He got smarter. A natural course? How much blame and credit do the coaches deserve?

It is a natural course to an extent.  It has to be encouraged in the best / rightest way to maximize the development.  The coaches do deserve a good amount of credit or blame if their approach does not maximize the development.

And back to Jeff Skinner.  Obviously he was not developing.  He was being held back by the coaching approach of RaKru.  Not disimilar to the development of Rasmus, which was held back by the coaching approach of RaKru.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If his name was Marchand you'd like him. In reality Skinner is a discount version.

Skinner is a 5 time 30+ goal scorer. Soon to be a 9 time 20+ goal scorer. He's played 13 seasons... so how streaky is he really? 

They are not really comparable but Marchand carries a cap hit of 6.1 million and Skinner has a cap hit of 9 million so discount version??? I thought you were the math guy?

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Rasmus was dumb. He got smarter. A natural course? How much blame and credit do the coaches deserve?

^. Hasenpfeffer incorporated.  

Rasmus was never dumb.  Just bewildered by the genius that is Ralph Krueger.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

They are not really comparable but Marchand carries a cap hit of 6.1 million and Skinner has a cap hit of 9 million so discount version??? I thought you were the math guy?

I think Marchand is a better hockey player than Skinner for significantly less money. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Hmm. Not totally unfair.

Mostly wrong, I maintain. 

But there’s something to this. A small thing.

12 hours ago, Hank said:

I think Marchand is a better hockey player than Skinner for significantly less money. 

But hey let’s blame his contract on him, dislike him for it, and not the GM who offered and agreed to it. Not saying you, but some fans actually dislike Skinner BECAUSE of the contract. If he signed for 5M for 4 years, they literally would like him more. It’s “obnoxious”.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 12/24/2022 at 11:15 AM, Zamboni said:

But hey let’s blame his contract on him, dislike him for it, and not the GM who offered and agreed to it. Not saying you, but some fans actually dislike Skinner BECAUSE of the contract. If he signed for 5M for 4 years, they literally would like him more. It’s “obnoxious”.

In fairness, not liking players due to their contract situation vs production is fine.  And credit to skinner, it's no longer the worst contract in the league.  It's just still a really bad deal given age and what he is as a player.

I blame the nhl and players association for the problem mostly.  8 year fully guaranteed deals along with full no trade protection makes bad situations stick around a lot longer.  Especially when you are losing.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I begin to wonder if Skinner's contract actually was the worst. Surely Bobrovskys is even worse?

I don’t know if you are the ghost of Chistmas past, present or future.  So many tenses in your statement!! 🤯

Edited by inkman
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, Brawndo said:

Even Famous Actresses are starting to take notice 

https://people.com/sports/nhl-player-goes-viral-emily-in-paris-fan/

Woke up to a message about the Sabres from my wife, an unusual occurrence. But it was this and it’s checked out given she loves that show 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.