Is Devon Levi Trying to Force His Way Home?

Porous Five Hole

47 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Thank you!  

If Montreal really wants him, make KA an offer he can't refuse.  Obviously, not happening.  KA has bet his entire rebuild on the "waiting for Levi" strategy.  

Which I don’t even understand. He is not likely to enter the league next year and be “the guy in net for a team that’s leading the league in scoring. There is certainly some room for a better stop gap than what we’ve had so far. 

At the absolute very best we are in a situation where we have a 1a 1b goalie and Levi being one of them. And that’s the 100% best case scenario. 

Some incredibly dumb comments here.  "KA put all his eggs in 1 basket?"  There are 3 other recently drafted goalies from 2nd and 3rd rounds plus Comrie.  That's 5 baskets for anyone who can count.

"KA bet his entire rebuild on waiting for Levi."  Really? Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Tuch, Thomson plus 5 more 1st rounders in the pipeline are all just incidental to the rebuild and are waiting for Levi?  Get a grip!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

This feels very much like the second we drafted Eichel Boston had a sense of entitlement to think they were getting Jack.

You think this is bad? You should see every single time a Canadian kid commits to a college instead of going major junior. 

• Like (+1) 1

Montreal would have to mortgage the entire farm to get Levi from us

Or Levi will have to stay in college for (I believe) 2 more years and become a UFA

This thought process has been brought up by Montreal fans for months now...  No way we are trading him for anything less then the farm

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Thank you!  

If Montreal really wants him, make KA an offer he can't refuse.  Obviously, not happening.  KA has bet his entire rebuild on the "waiting for Levi" strategy.  

No he hasn't.

1 hour ago, MBD said:

Oh, they're interested in acquiring Levi?  Well la de frickin' da.

Saturday Night Live 90S GIF

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The author of this...

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'll trade them Levi for their 1st in 2023 and 2024.

I wouldn't. No one can predict how a goalie prospect will turn out, even a highly rated prospect. However, if he turns in the short or long run to develop into a #1 goalie, he would be worth more than two #1 draft picks. When all is said and done and the tabulations are finally made about the return on our traded former core, the Reinhart trade may end up being the most consequential transaction of the three trades, including the Jack trade. 

4 hours ago, LPJets16 said:

Some incredibly dumb comments here.  "KA put all his eggs in 1 basket?"  There are 3 other recently drafted goalies from 2nd and 3rd rounds plus Comrie.  That's 5 baskets for anyone who can count.

"KA bet his entire rebuild on waiting for Levi."  Really? Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, Tuch, Thomson plus 5 more 1st rounders in the pipeline are all just incidental to the rebuild and are waiting for Levi?  Get a grip!

Hey now, we're all friends here.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m not letting this trope get legs.  UPL is still a highly regarded prospect.  Comrie is still somewhat unknown.  Portillo is still in the org.  They just drafted a kid in the 2nd round.  They can trade for a goalie at any time and sign one in the off-season.  Just because there are a few question marks right now, doesn’t mean the entire rebuild in hinging on Levi.  

I’ll also had that He had a deal finalized with Ottawa for Matt Murray. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

he is A goalie, I doubt very much if he will ever be THE goalie. 

He was noticeably huge when i sat behind the net a few weeks ago.  You cannot teach that kind of size, he just needs to figure out how to use it better and just generally how to play with more ownership.  Dictate what you want people to do - it takes time.  It's like catching in baseball - you can hit well and teams won't put you behind the plate if you can't call a game for the pitching.  There's communication, there's reps, there's just... learning that speed.    

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty good chance that even if he were to sign with Buffalo that he would a year or two away from before “NHL ready”.  Correct?  This team needs a goalie right friggen now.  This team is on the verge of something good and can’t wait for he or anyone else to develop any longer.  If he really is on the precipice of wanting to go elsewhere, ship his ass off and get some more assists that we can turn around for an NHL ready goalie.  I know this drafting kids with intentions of playing in the NCAA and potentially losing them bullsh$t needs to stop.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m not letting this trope get legs.  UPL is still a highly regarded prospect.  Comrie is still somewhat unknown.  Portillo is still in the org.  They just drafted a kid in the 2nd round.  They can trade for a goalie at any time and sign one in the off-season.  Just because there are a few question marks right now, doesn’t mean the entire rebuild in hinging on Levi.  

29 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Pretty good chance that even if he were to sign with Buffalo that he would a year or two away from before “NHL ready”.  Correct?  This team needs a goalie right friggen now.  This team is on the verge of something good and can’t wait for he or anyone else to develop any longer.  If he really is on the precipice of wanting to go elsewhere, ship his ass off and get some more assists that we can turn around for an NHL ready goalie.  I know this drafting kids with intentions of playing in the NCAA and potentially losing them bullsh$t needs to stop.  

Even though I commented on a KA over committing to Levi post, this is largely what I meant. We are scoring too many goals to put all of our eggs into the “wait for (insert goalie) to develop” basket. 

I would love for the Sabres to grab somebody if it makes sense this year. But it has to make sense. Otherwise, as production stands today, I don’t see a ton of reason to comit to anybody on the roster/rights into the 23/24 season without trying to make another move. 

Welcome to the board!

44 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Welcome back!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.