Sabres Best player?

mjd1001

Who is the Sabres best player right now?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Sabres best player now?

• Tage Thompson
    • Rasmus Dahlin
    • Someone else

All members on the roster have a value and are part of making the team successful or unsuccessful. Regarding the players mentioned as possible team MVP's, which player would be the most difficult to replace or replicate? Which one would be the easiest? TNT's and Dahlin's skillsets are rare, almost impossible to trade for and just as impossible to predict and choose in the draft. Samuelson is a player that really fills a need and plays an important part on the team. It's easier to find players with his attributes than the other two. There's a reason that Dahlin will be soon making at least twice what #23 is making. If Tage had waited another year to sign a long term contract his would double up Samuelson's too. 

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If they held a dispersal draft of the Sabres Dahlin would be first, Power 2nd, Cozens 3rd, Thompson 4th, Quinn 5th, Samuelson 6th, JJP 7th, Tuch 8th

I disagree with your ordering of players. I would put Dahlin first, closely followed by Thompson. However, when I look at the list you are presenting what's encouraging is that all of the mentioned players are currently or going to be top tier players. What's impressive about the list is not the order but the quantity of talented players. The KA roster is without question being filled out. The issue for the organization is addressing the lower half of the roster. That's where our weaknesses exist. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I disagree with your ordering of players. I would put Dahlin first, closely followed by Thompson. However, when I look at the list you are presenting what's encouraging is that all of the mentioned players are currently or going to be top tier players. What's impressive about the list is not the order but the quantity of talented players. The KA roster is without question being filled out. The issue for the organization is addressing the lower half of the roster. That's where our weaknesses exist. 

In a dispersal draft age and contract would be important factors in who you choose.  Tage is already 25 and Tuch 26.  Everyone else is 22 and younger.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Refuting said:

Grinreaper is also Thorny 

When you add 2 and 2 together do you always end up with a total different than 4? I've been around here most likely longer than you've been alive and a Sabre's fan much longer than that. There are many posters here who I don't always agree with but I respect what they have to say because they have a thought process behind their opinions. In other words, they are capable of making a case that could change my mind and get me to agree with their position(s). They are what I would characterize as true Sabre's fans that want the same results that I do but just may differ concerning the path to get there. You on the other hand post nothing but attempts to incite and troll other members here. I'll get along with all true Sabre fans at this place whether we agree or not. I don't need to have multiple screen names like you use to back up your ridiculous posts and give you "likes". Anyway, this place is inhabited by way too many members who have been around long enough and seen enough clowns that think their schtick is something new to fall for your amateurish troll attempts. So, no I'm not also "Thorny". I've been "Grinreaper" here since before Chris Gratton was traded for Danny Briere. 

3 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

When you add 2 and 2 together do you always end up with a total different than 4? I've been around here most likely longer than you've been alive and a Sabre's fan much longer than that. There are many posters here who I don't always agree with but I respect what they have to say because they have a thought process behind their opinions. In other words, they are capable of making a case that could change my mind and get me to agree with their position(s). They are what I would characterize as true Sabre's fans that want the same results that I do but just may differ concerning the path to get there. You on the other hand post nothing but attempts to incite and troll other members here. I'll get along with all true Sabre fans at this place whether we agree or not. I don't need to have multiple screen names like you use to back up your ridiculous posts and give you "likes". Anyway, this place is inhabited by way too many members who have been around long enough and seen enough clowns that think their schtick is something new to fall for your amateurish troll attempts. So, no I'm not also "Thorny". I've been "Grinreaper" here since before Chris Gratton was traded for Danny Briere. 

Lies!

All your account sabrebase now belong to us

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.