GAME DISCUSSION (5/5/06)

Corp000085

I think it also needs to be said that the last three Buffalo goals have moved into Ray Emery's head and furnished a very nice three-bedroom condo. :)

haha agreed.... that team best pray that hasek is ready.... even if he is... im not to worried.... i think they'll ride emery but that team now has to sit on this embaressing loss for 3 days... i want to see the look on mucklers face again when they blew it... volchenkov is in for it LOL....

Can't wait till game 2!

What a crazy game tonight! First, congrats on the win - atleast it was entertaining. Very very unstable game by the Sens Blue line tonight, they should have had it won after the Smolinski goal. Emery has to step it up as well. Expect the sens to show up more on monday

Thanks.

Incredible friggin' game. Heading into OT, I was amazed at how exciting the game was. The sad part about this series is, these 2 teams should be meeting next round at the earliest, as NEITHER deserves to lose in the round of 8.

If this game is any indication, this series will truly be one for the ages. (Whether my boys win or not.) Someone posted that people (I use that term loosely) on a Phlyers board were whining about how terrible this game was. All I can say is, if their management agrees with that sentiment, they are going to go a LONG time waiting to get past the 1st round.

Out of curiosity, what scenarios do you see for Ottawa's goaltending if Emery has the same sort of save percentage in Game 2 (win or lose)? (Not saying that he will. I'm actually expecting him to play better (as I expect Miller to play better) but I am just curious as to what you see as their options.) Is Dom ready to go but sandbagging or is he out for good? Do they go with Morrison or hope that Ray can pick his game up?

Out of curiosity, what scenarios do you see for Ottawa's goaltending if Emery has the same sort of save percentage in Game 2 (win or lose)? (Not saying that he will. I'm actually expecting him to play better (as I expect Miller to play better) but I am just curious as to what you see as their options.) Is Dom ready to go but sandbagging or is he out for good? Do they go with Morrison or hope that Ray can pick his game up?

I think for the Sens its Ray or bust. Morrison has not impressed me at all when he's played - and i have confidence that even if he sucks it up next game too - he will bounce back. As a fan i have to believe that. Flyers are a bunch of neanderthal's much like the leafs. I think dom is done - this is Rayzor's team now. That is why buffalo has a slight advantage in goal, not so much that Miller is better than Emery, but you guys do have a reliable back up in Biron, we have a reliable backup in Emery who is being forced into Starting.

I think for the Sens its Ray or bust. Morrison has not impressed me at all when he's played - and i have confidence that even if he sucks it up next game too - he will bounce back. As a fan i have to believe that. Flyers are a bunch of neanderthal's much like the leafs. I think dom is done - this is Rayzor's team now. That is why buffalo has a slight advantage in goal, not so much that Miller is better than Emery, but you guys do have a reliable back up in Biron, we have a reliable backup in Emery who is being forced into Starting.

Thanks for the insight. I pretty much expected that your boys will stick with Ray come heck or high water, but was curious what someone who has watched them all season thought. If Morrison is not an option, does Ottawa have anyone they do have faith in down in Binghamton? (Realizing that I am getting way ahead of myself, as 1 questionable game does not a series make (much as I might like it to)).

If Morrison is not an option, does Ottawa have anyone they do have faith in down in Binghamton? (Realizing that I am getting way ahead of myself, as 1 questionable game does not a series make (much as I might like it to)).

Jeff Glass maybe??? played for Kootenay in the OHL... Ray is ottawa's best chance though. The loss is not his fault tonight - but he needs to step up along with the whole blue line as i've already said. I wouldnt expect to score that many on the sens again this season.

*** edit, i also don't expect to score that many on the sabres again.

Jeff Glass maybe??? played for Kootenay in the OHL... Ray is ottawa's best chance though. The loss is not his fault tonight - but he needs to step up along with the whole blue line as i've already said. I wouldnt expect to score that many on the sens again this season.

Thanks again.

I agree with you, that neither team should expect to score that many goals again in this series. That said, I would not be surprised to see either team score 5+ at least 2 more times.

I expect to see 1-2 low scoring games in this series as the coaches work their chess matches, but the reality is both teams have incredibly fast forwards. Although they both have fast D, I just don't see either team's D being able to shut down the other's speed ALL series long.