GAME DISCUSSION (5/5/06)

Corp000085

Sabres and the sens get it on before the main event! Yes, i'm talking about dora the explorer!!! How exciting. Anyhow, game time is 7:05pm EDT and its on OLN (directv channel 608). If your computer accepts our Java chat, the link to the chat room is http://www.sabresreport.com/chat

You can also listen to the game on the internet at http://www.wgr550.com To synch up the internet radio with the tv broadcast, obviously use your mute key, and your DVR to pause the oln broadcast till it matches the radio... The delay can range anywhere from 45 seconds to 2 minutes.

GO SABRES!

have fun everyone...i have to work all night...MAY catch the very end of the game, but it is doubtful. my girlfriend is sweet and she promised to call me with lots of updates. fortunately this does not happen to me often.

GO BUFFALO!!!

OMG!!!!! What an unbelievable game!!!! The look on the Ottawa players faces was priceless!!! What a choke job by #24 on the Senators and what a shot by Drury!!! Sabres Win 7-6 15 secnds into OT!!!!!!!!!

This might have been the best game I've ever seen.....

Yahoo was a bit premature in counting us out........this was posted for the longest time

Buffalo 2 2 1 5 Final

Ottawa 2 2 2 6

Scoring Summary

1st Period

Buffalo 0:35, Mike Grier 3 (Derek Roy, Henrik Tallinder)

Ottawa 3:05, Jason Spezza 3 (Dany Heatley, Wade Redden)

Ottawa 3:20, Bryan Smolinski 2 (Anton Volchenkov, Daniel Alfredsson)

Buffalo 6:56, Teppo Numminen 1 (power play) (Derek Roy, Maxim Afinogenov)

2nd Period

Ottawa 1:47, Martin Havlat 7 (Christoph Schubert)

Buffalo 3:29, Tim Connolly 4 (shorthanded) (Paul Gaustad, Toni Lydman)

Ottawa 4:15, Dany Heatley 3 (power play) (Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden)

Buffalo 19:30, Derek Roy 2 (Henrik Tallinder, Mike Grier)

3rd Period

Ottawa 0:16, Mike Fisher 2 (Martin Havlat, Wade Redden)

Buffalo 18:23, Derek Roy 3 (shorthanded) (Tim Connolly)

Ottawa 18:47, Bryan Smolinski 3 (power play) (Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Schaefer)

Buffalo 19:49, Tim Connolly 5 (Daniel Briere, Derek Roy)

Team Shots on Goal Faceoffs Power Plays

1st 2nd 3rd Total Won Lost Converted Total

Buffalo 8 4 10 22 34 35 1 5

Ottawa 10 10 13 33 35 34 2 6

LETS GO SABRES - incredible...I was at two Sabre Philly final games in the front row in what 74 and that game tonight on TV was the most fun exciting hockey game Ive ever witnessed... what heart, what character, what a team!

In the words of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy:

I've seen a lot of things in my life, but that...was...AWESOME!!! :P

The last time I was that excited watching a Sabres game on TV had to be when they beat the Stars in OT in Game 1 in '99.

I think virtually every game in this series will be a 50/50 coin toss (that would give us a 56.25% chance to win the series at this point). I would have liked much better goaltending, although Miller didn't have a prayer on several of the goals. They will definitely have to play smarter in their own end picking up Ottawa forwards.

I still can't believe it.

Folks, this Sabres team of ours has as much HEART and desire as any team I've ever witnessed.

I officially BELIEVE they can bring a cup to Buffalo.

...And I'm an agnostic....

i don't want to pee on the campfire, but we have a lot more wins to get before we can talk that way. Thank God for opportunistic rushes and a weak goalie. Although, I did not think most of those were the fault of Emery. He should have had the rebound on the one to tie it, and he should have had Drury's shot, but I will gladly take it. Especially b/c I think a game like this should get Miller all pissed off again b/c he really seemed to battle the puck tonight/control his rebounds.

But, you are definitely right about the heart - they never stopped in this game.

OMG!!!!! What an unbelievable game!!!! The look on the Ottawa players faces was priceless!!! What a choke job by #24 on the Senators and what a shot by Drury!!! Sabres Win 7-6 15 secnds into OT!!!!!!!!!

This might have been the best game I've ever seen.....

Ahhh---Roooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :P

They failed to mention that we hardly played our best game either...

Also failed that they lost because Zdeno Chara didn't feel it was necessary to hustle to the puck behind the net and Briere went right around him and shoveled it out front to Connolly and he scored to tie it with 18 seconds left.

Forgot to mention the choke job on 24 who looked like he was handling a grenade....

Talent doesnt always win in the playoffs....heart and desire does...and I don't know of another team that has more of that than the Sabres...and there are no better examples of that this year than Connolly and Drury....

Wow, that was a fun game to watch. These two teams proved one thing tonight.. Who needs defense when you can score like that :P

The Sabre tranisition game is leathal. Hard for me to fault Emery on any of those goals. The Sabres buried every chance they got. And that giveaway by Volchenkov at the end speaks for itself. He won't do it again.

The Sens played a dam good game as well, but did get cocky at the end and got burned...Big time.

Sabres proved they don't quit...Sens let them up off the mat, game 2 will be different.

I'm off to see Dora now. :blush:

To come back, FIVE TIMES, and not give up made me so proud to support the boys.

I told the wife, it's not about Miller getting good #'s, it's about winning the highscoring games too.

Miller let out some very fat rebounds tonight and will need to improve on that for sure.

But to come back 5 times, once with just under 2 minutes to go, and then have to do it again with less than 12 seconds, shows you how hard our guys play.

We didn't play well tonight and still won. That says a lot. We get shots on goal and we win this going away.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY

fadjkdau 89faeujfkewau890uwea ru3809 ur32ur9 EIFAEW

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Chris Drury, Chris Drury!!! Do you believe! The Buffalo Sabres battle back all night long and what happens? Drury burries it and burries Ottawa in Game 1 of the best of seven series!"

I'm naming my first born son Rick Jeanarette.

Was Ottawa really that dominant tonight? If a team gives up 2 short-handed goals in the same game, blows a lead FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES (including with under 15 seconds left), whiffs on a clearing pass to lose the game, and gives up SEVEN goals, how can it be considered dominant? I may be a biased Sabres fan (of course), but I thought Ottawa played slightly better overall other than the stupid Sabre penalties.

Ottawa fans must be trying not to think about how this game stacks up with their past playoff choke jobs.

TUG-NUTT, TUG-NUTT, TUG-NUTT!!!

Was Ottawa really that dominant tonight? If a team gives up 2 short-handed goals in the same game, blows a lead FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES (including with under 15 seconds left), whiffs on a clearing pass to lose the game, and gives up SEVEN goals, how can it be considered dominant? I may be a biased Sabres fan (of course), but I thought Ottawa played slightly better overall other than the stupid Sabre penalties.

Ottawa fans must be trying not to think about how this game stacks up with their past playoff choke jobs.

TUG-NUTT, TUG-NUTT, TUG-NUTT!!!

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves by calling it an all time choke... Sure, if this was a clinching game, then yes, it would rank probably right up there in the top 3 all time... However, this was one game, we got lucky, they got unlucky. If this is the "best" that ottawa has, i'm fairly confident that the sabres can have success in this series.