GDT: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Colorado Avalanche, 15 December 2022, 9:00 PM ET: MSG, WGR

Doohickie

It’s kinda fun having a guy sit at the highest reaches possible of the Scoring list, in 1st on that list, at this point of the season. Can’t remember the last time this happened. 

No, McDavid-and-his-Draisaitl don’t count. Don’t care. McDavid isn’t really human. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

It’s kinda fun having a guy sit at the highest reaches possible of the Scoring list, in 1st on that list, at this point of the season. Can’t remember the last time this happened. 

No, McDavid-and-his-Draisaitl don’t count. Don’t care. McDavid isn’t really human. 

Could you imagine if the Sabres chose Draisaitl instead of Reinhart 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Refuting said:

Could you imagine if the Sabres chose Draisaitl instead of Reinhart 

Him and McDavid are power play fiends together, go peep the PP scoring list. The Draisaitl we see sans McDavid is going to fall back into the pack of “other great players” rather than being separate from the rest on his island with Connor. So while he’s better than Reinhart, with the way we were constructing the team around Jack and Sam I doubt things would have been drastically different. He’s not really the NHL’s second best player. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

He’s not really the NHL’s second best player. 

That’s Tage Thompson, apparently. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just wish we had someone to shadow Makar but we don't. I suspect they will try to jam the front of our net so we shall see how we defend that. It's often a key weakness. 

Hard to shadow a defenseman ... especially when they have the last line change.  

They need to worry about Rasmus Dahlin too.  

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just wish we had someone to shadow Makar but we don't. I suspect they will try to jam the front of our net so we shall see how we defend that. It's often a key weakness. 

I'm not sure how you would shadow a D-man...plus its not really needed. First, the best way to take away chances from an opposing D-man is to limit odd man rushes that he can join, and to play positionally sound in your own end (something you try to do all the time anyway. Plus, while he's a great player, I don't know if I want to go out of my way to shadow a guy who has scored 34 goals in his last 105 games. Good for a D-man, sure is, but not someone I want to handicap myself in other areas to stop. He gets a ton of ice time also. Not only would you have to employ that strategy with a couple different guys...you also again would be doing so to stop a guy who scores even strength .66 goals per 60 over the past 2 seasons.  In terms of goals to ice time ratio, that would put him 10th on the Sabres over that time.

Again, he is great, just the best way to stop him is to not make mistakes in your everyday game, not go out of you way to try something new.

Edited by mjd1001

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Him and McDavid are power play fiends together, go peep the PP scoring list. The Draisaitl we see sans McDavid is going to fall back into the pack of “other great players” rather than being separate from the rest on his island with Connor. So while he’s better than Reinhart, with the way we were constructing the team around Jack and Sam I doubt things would have been drastically different. He’s not really the NHL’s second best player. 

That’s Tage Thompson, apparently. 

This is intellectually incorrect 

18 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The Sabres will render the Avs toothless!

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Dancing GIF

Well done Doohickie but I was expecting you take this further replacing Yukon Cornelius in the story with our very own Yukon Dylan Cozens and instead of singing "Silver and Gold" he could sing "Blue and Gold" for the win.  The island of mismatched toys could be replaced by the island of loyal Sabre fans (always waiting for next year).

Hoping we get some breaks tonight and another win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

Well done Doohickie but I was expecting you take this further replacing Yukon Cornelius in the story with our very own Yukon Dylan Cozens and instead of singing "Silver and Gold" he could sing "Blue and Gold" for the win.  The island of mismatched toys could be replaced by the island of loyal Sabre fans (always waiting for next year).

Hoping we get some breaks tonight and another win.

Misfit toys. Know your Christmas cartoons! 😝

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Enrico Cecconi? Guess that solves our tough guy issue.

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

More like Ennio Morricone

More like Chuck Mangione

***Musical sidenote... Don't get me wrong, I love Chuck Mangione as a Flugelhorn player. Just don't know how he'd be on the ice.

Edited by Jävə Keith

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.