Sabres on pace to have 9 players with 40+ points this season

matter2003

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Some? 

That said both have been better the last 2 games. 

Who cares? Like honestly why do any of you give 2 shits about Eichel anymore?

I've liked him as a player for many years now, followed him as high school player. I enjoy watching him play and would like to see him have a great career.

1 hour ago, klos1963 said:

Eichel is arguable the best player on the team currently in first place in the Western Conference. That means more than just stats.

It does? OK I guess.  Not for me. I'm not saying he is bad, good, great, someone I like or you like.  All I'm saying is he is not the elite scorer many wanted him to be.

After all, you know what means more than him being 'arguably' the best player on a good team in the West?  Years and Years of stats where he was on good teams, bad teams, awful teams, below average teams, playing full seasons, partial seasons, playing hurt, playing totally healthy...etc.  I'll take my 'stats' supporting a point about where he ranks as an offensive force in the league compared to any other forward...over how good of an 'overall' player he is based on less than 30 games in one particular season.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

It does? OK I guess.  Not for me. I'm not saying he is bad, good, great, someone I like or you like.  All I'm saying is he is not the elite scorer many wanted him to be.

After all, you know what means more than him being 'arguably' the best player on a good team in the West?  Years and Years of stats where he was on good teams, bad teams, awful teams, below average teams, playing full seasons, partial seasons, playing hurt, playing totally healthy...etc.  I'll take my 'stats' supporting a point about where he ranks as an offensive force in the league compared to any other forward...over how good of an 'overall' player he is based on less than 30 games in one particular season.

Yes , I think being in first place is better than being in 7th and have a lot of great stats. Having said that, I think the Sabres are on the right path and I'm excited about the potential, but ultimately wins are more important.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

During the 8 game losing streak he was -10.  The only non-negative +/- games he had were the first and last games.  +1 versus Carolina to start the losing streak and 0 against Toronto to end it.

Anytime you are asking Bryson to play 20-23+ minutes a game instead of the usual 12-15 minutes(or less) you are asking for trouble.

image.thumb.png.8443c2c54a2cea562cd217a608a2cb04.png

So that puts Bryson at -5 for the season otherwise, which means he's *still* the worst Sabres defenseman for +/- ...although Pilut is right there at a -4 in 14 games (so if you take the 8 gamer out, Bryson is -5 over 18 games... so they're basically the same at ~ -.28 per game.

Edited by Doohickie

12 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Yes , I think being in first place is better than being in 7th and have a lot of great stats. Having said that, I think the Sabres are on the right path and I'm excited about the potential, but ultimately wins are more important.

I understand. Overall I agree with you that the performance of a team is generally more important than an individual stats. Its just still a bit of the "Eichel hangover" where when he was drafted many thought/were told he was going to be a top 5 scorer in the league, in the running for MVP most of the time, and carrying the team to the playoffs and deeper.  Hes very good, but just not what many here had hoped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.