Skinner gets a Three Game Suspension

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is BS and always has been.  Two guys got on him immediately.  The linesmen split it up before Lucic paid the price, and the 2 minute minor was typical pro-Boston *****.

In my view, Lucic never paid the price for what he did to Miller. He should have gotten his face caved in but Buffalo hasn't had a good fighter since Rob Ray. All the Sabres did was push him around a little. I'm sure he still laughs about what p*****s the Sabres were and are. Why can't Adams get a policeman? They're not too expensive.

Edited by Quint
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

This is BS and always has been.  Two guys got on him immediately.  The linesmen split it up before Lucic paid the price, and the 2 minute minor was typical pro-Boston *****.

What I said was there was no one on THIS roster that would take on Lucic. 

It's not worth arguing about the response back then, pretty much everybody knows it was inadequate, but that was then. This is now. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Quint said:

In my view, Lucic never paid the price for what he did to Miller. He should have gotten his face caved in but Buffalo hasn't had a good fighter since Rob Ray. All the Sabres did was push him around a little. I'm sure he still laughs about what p*****s the Sabres were and are. Why can't Adams get a policeman? They're not too expensive.

Can you please name all the “policemen” that are regular roster players on each team?  Hell, how about 1/3 of the teams. 

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Can you please name all the “policemen” that are regular roster players on each team?  Hell, how about 1/3 of the teams. 

Right off the top of my head Kolesar, Kane, Zadorov,Reaves, Lucic (Calgary has at least two), Arber Xhekaj and Oleksiak. If you need more, just look at who wins the fights on youtube. Buffalo needs some rougher guys to counteract getting bullied, especially in front of the net. 

Edited by Quint
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Quint said:

Right off the top of my head Kolesar, Kane, Zadorov,Reaves, Lucic (Calgary has at least two), Arber Xhekaj and Oleksiak. If you need more, just look at who wins the fights on youtube. Buffalo needs some rougher guys to counteract getting bullied, especially in front of the net. 

Aren’t most of those guys actually bad at hockey?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

What I said was there was no one on THIS roster that would take on Lucic. 

It's not worth arguing about the response back then, pretty much everybody knows it was inadequate, but that was then. This is now. 

Your comment reflects a view that is more than a decade outdated. It's a fantasy that has little application to today's NHL. The idea that the Sabres are a deficient team because they lack the ability to fight and adequately respond to assaults makes little sense. The Sabres are where they are in the standings because their roster is not good enough and deep enough to withstand the rigors of a long season against superior teams. 

This macho gladiator attitude has little to do with making this team more competitive. It's a simplistic solution that isn't really a solution because the on ice struggles this team is encountering is because this team isn't good enough. That's clearly evident to anyone who watches the games with their eyes open. This team needs to add better players. Advocating for more thuggery as a solution to anything is childishly simplistic and utterly stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Quint said:

They serve a purpose, making room for the guys who are good at hockey.

This is super antiquated thinking.  I’m not sure any one thug gives actual hockey players on their team “more room”.  It’s the classic cliche that hockey people use but like most of their thinking, it’s outdated and proven to be false.  

Now, you want to bring in a Tkachuk or someone of that manner that can play and bring the heat, I’m all for it. 

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

That's alright Skinny. I forgive you. 

He didn’t owe me an apology.  You mess with the goalie, you’re gonna pay.  End of story.  To hell with the consequences.  I need some of these guys to lose their composure every now and then.  Keep the other team on their toes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Your comment reflects a view that is more than a decade outdated. It's a fantasy that has little application to today's NHL. The idea that the Sabres are a deficient team because they lack the ability to fight and adequately respond to assaults makes little sense. The Sabres are where they are in the standings because their roster is not good enough and deep enough to withstand the rigors of a long season against superior teams. 

This macho gladiator attitude has little to do with making this team more competitive. It's a simplistic solution that isn't really a solution because the on ice struggles this team is encountering is because this team isn't good enough. That's clearly evident to anyone who watches the games with their eyes open. This team needs to add better players. Advocating for more thuggery as a solution to anything is childishly simplistic and utterly stupid. 

Wow, you really loaded that one up with insults and condescension didn't you? 

The notion that physicality and intimidation are somehow gone from the game is naive and simplistic and down right stupid. It's a view held by children and hockey novices who have never played the game and don't understand what goes on on the ice and in the locker room. 

If you're soft, you'll be run out of the rink when it counts. If you don't believe me, just take a look across the border at the Leafs and their playoff success. Or ponder why a high skill team like Tampa added a brute like Maroon to get them to glory. The list goes on. It's pointless to argue against something so simple and obvious. It is in fact childishly simplistic and utterly stupid. 

Now go back to your video games where nobody gets hurt. 

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wow, you really loaded that one up with insults and condescension didn't you? 

The notion that physicality and intimidation are somehow gone from the game is naive and simplistic and down right stupid. It's a view held by children and hockey novices who have never played the game and don't understand what goes on on the ice and in the locker room. 

If you're soft, you'll be run out of the rink when it counts. If you don't believe me, just take a look across the border at the Leafs and their playoff success. Or ponder why a high skill team like Tampa added a brute like Maroon to get them to glory. The list goes on. It's pointless to argue against something so simple and obvious. It is in fact childishly simplistic and utterly stupid. 

Now go back to your video games where nobody gets hurt. 

I wanted to give this post multiple reactions but sadly I couldn't 

• Haha (+1) 1

Skinner did not cause any team to think twice about taking liberties, he just cost his own team with his careless overreaction.

It was a dumb play and the suspension was appropriate. 

Teams will be more likely to try to goad him into doing something stupid than they will be worrying about Jeff the enforcer. And comparing this to the Lucic/Miller hit in any way is just silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.